Need some help on VW Coolant

2021 jetta gli. Doesn’t say anything in the manual but I am thinking this takes the new g12 evo coolant. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

The owner's manual states to use G12 evo. This will also be known as Zerex G65 as labeled with VW approvals TL-774L once it goes into production in North America.

1667489274813.jpg

Thanks all. My manual actually does not state a spec and says to see the dealer. Weird. Evo it is.

My 2019 Jetta takes G13 or G12++
It also states TL-VW 774J or TL-VW 774G

Use the online VW owners portal and punch in your vin for the owner manual and search for antifreeze

So, I did a drain/refill with Peak Violet Euro:

It was a coin toss between Peak and G40 at the local autoparts stores since Pentofrost E was sold out.

For topping off the 1st 3 years, I used Pentosin Pentofrost E

I have a friend who works at a Vw dealer here in Spain and they are switching all cars that come in with G13 to the new G12 Evo, if they're in for any work relating to the cooling system like a timing belt job.

So g12 Evo is newer/most recent coolant and not g13?

Leave it to VW to have some backwards logic.

It is worse than that, there is G12 + and G12 ++ and apparently you can mix G13 and G12++ but not G13 and G12+...

Still it is simpler than Ford.

The coolant reservoir in mine says G13 right on it.

G11 : IAT, with Silicates, Borates and Benzoate.
G12 : OAT , cannot be mixed with G11
G12+ : OAT, but can be mixed with G11
G12++ : HOAT With Silicates
G13 : HOAT with Silicates, identical to G12++ other than havaing 15-20% Glycerin instead of Glycol.
G12 EVO : HOAT with Silicates and Phosphates.

Back