Need recommendations 12 Mazda MX-5 PHRT 6 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just looking for some recommendations on a lube for my newly acquired 12 Mazda MX-5 Miata. I had some old (2014) PP 5W-20 that I threw in there. But I like finding a more permanent oil to stick with. I usually buy the best available oil from Walmart. The car sees mostly highway miles driving to work about 90 miles round trip four days a week. It is spec'd for 0w-20, 5w-20, and I know in some regions (Mexico) a 30 weight. I live in Houston Texas. I am not apposed to running any weight. Just prefer to keep my gas mileage and engine wear low like most of us here. I do some spirited driving in the car here and there so it does see high RPM's. I know the MRZ engine is stout but I always like to protect the best I can. I would like to maintain a extend drain interval as well. Comment away. Thanks

I know that oil performs well in my Toyota 4Runner in my signature. So that is a good choice to start with and maybe do a UOA. I am just a little concerned of high temperature wear protection as it gets pretty hot here and with me revving it hard hear and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back