Need recommendation for brake rotors Lexus GS 350

Interesting... the Raybestos Street Specialty rotor listed on Rock Auto has the same part number as the Elements 3 from other vendors.

rotors are rotors unless you specifically go looking for bottom of the barrel products

go get some nice pads.

rotors are rotors unless you specifically go looking for bottom of the barrel products

go get some nice pads.
not true, esp not in the salt zone.

There are quite a few good options however.

go get some nice pads.
Oh but they are not. GS350 is a pretty hefty vehicle. IMO, only top-notch products are desirable. I personally do not use Toyota OE rotors on my Sienna as they are not that good for anything resembling aggressive driving.

Again, my car is an F Sport which is famous for squeaky front brakes.
If I could do it over again, I would only use Lexus brake components.
There is a TSB and new pad/shim set just for the squeaks.

45K and the rotor already needs replacement? I will have an honest mechanic check the thickness first.
Any aftermarket part is not going to be as good as the factory parts, even OE may not be as good.

Pads worn out is understandable.

we may have the same vehicle. Mine is a 2014 and I could find very few manufacturers. my general experience with toyota and Lexus is their rotors are prone to warp early on, and re-warp quickly after being turned. I ended up this time going through tire rack ... I think they carried only one brand, but in several options, slotted, drilled, cryo treated, etc.. I just went with standard rotors and they are fine. The brand escapes me... some bad posts on the brand for premature rust. Mine have been fine. Note, the left and right sides are different due to vane direction, but the lower tier offerings don’t do different vane angle.

Purchased the Raybestos specialty rotors and Elements 3 pads. Part number for the rotors are the same as the Elements 3, but they are not labeled as such. They look the same as the pictures but that’s not worth much.

Have to give a shout out to Rockauto. Ordered on Monday and arrived Wednesday afternoon standard Fed Ex shipping.

Installing this afternoon. Will update when I have more information.

Thanks to all who contributed their expertise and experience.

Back