Need Quiet Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put a set of Goodyear Assurance TripleTred tires on my wife's 2000 Acura 3.2TL. They are quite a bit quieter and smoother than the Michelins that came on the car and handle better too.

They were $125 each at Americas tire.

I would have used Kumho's for quite a bit le$$, but they don;t make the right size for that car and I didn't want to go to their suggested alternative size because it was a quite bit smaller diameter.

quote:

I would have used Kumho's for quite a bit le$$, but they don;t make the right size for that car and I didn't want to go to their suggested alternative size because it was a quite bit smaller diameter.

I agree, TL's use an odd size tire. Kumho makes a 205/60/16 that's H rated (which is fine if you don't speed). They also have 205/55/16 or 215/55/16 which I might try next time, but I wonder what the trade off will be in terms of ride quality.

My Turanza's were $128 at NTB, but they had to be ordered. Worst part about them was the noise. After getting used to the quiet michelins, the similarly prices turanzas were a shock.

Might try the goodyears too.

I'll add my own thumbs-up for Yokohama Avid Touring. They are my favorite non-performance tires. Very good combination of comfort, quietness, long life and all-season traction. And they are very cheap.

if you can find visa tires, i reccomend them.

very quiet and made in japan, so it's good.
smile.gif

[ July 27, 2004, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: seotaji ]

Time to get serious on a couple of 205-55-16's for my Cavalier. Want decent traction, ride and noise, as good or better than the Goodyear Eagle RSA's that came on it. Won't be needing a tire capable of more than a sustained 80. Don't plan on spending a fortune either. Checked locally, Kelly Navigator Gold-$90 ea., and Sumic-$85, made in Indonesia. Spent the last half hour at http://www.tirerack.com/ What a piece of trash. Half the links I clicked on took me back to the start. The reviews were worthless. What does how some 70 series tires worked on a Buick tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back