Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Originally Posted By: StevieC
What colour Camry?

It doesn't matter .... the tires will be black anyway
56.gif

He could get some Vogue tires
grin2.gif

We had good luck with the Premier A/S on our X3. As for OEM tires being short-lived, I got over 32.5K miles out of the OEM PSS tires on my 2er- they survived four track days as well as one test and tune night at the local 1/8 mile strip.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
He could get some Vogue tires
grin2.gif

True, I was offered some free Vogue tires in exchange for some reviews on a forum. But the smallest size they had was 17 inch and I had 16 inch wheels. Here's the review that someone else took them up on. This is a new model and the design is different than the traditional ones.

My dad bought a new Riviera back in 86 with wire wheels that the dealer installed some Vogues. Not easy to clean and he didn't want to replace them with the same tire because of the cost.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/6-wheels-tires/101681-vogue-signature-v-tire-review.html

Since Vogue Tyre mentioned, I've been looking closely at the Vogue Signature V tires in Accord size the last two DT/DTD promo periods. It's been in their 'best tire' classification which has meant $100 DT/DTD rebate plus there was a $75 Vogue rebate and the $60 DT CC rebate. Also the pricing finds them closer to the 'better' tire pricing area. All in all from DT/DTD they've been a good deal. Member eljefino one who gave me some education on the brand. From what I can tell, made in the US too.

Afaik, the Vogue Sig V is all black and seems like the 'yellow V' noted in the review no longer there.

Hmmmm, a recent post in the link I posted above states that Vogue tires are now made in China. And not owned by Goodyear any longer. That kind of kills it for me when there are decent US made tires to be had.

I see the later post now and googled it to confirm. With their relationship to Sailun Tyre, looks like they are now manufactured in China. Good to know the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say.

Thank you for the follow up on confirming the made in China report. Plenty of other fine tires to consider.
thankyou2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Pirelli P4 All Season PLUS
OR
General AltiMAX RT43

Both good options. Have the RT43s on the 2012 Camry here. The Michelin Energy tires went 52k miles before changing them out.

On my brother's 2014 Camry he change his Michelin tires out around 25k or so iirc. He went with Goodyear Assurance ComforTreds and really likes them.

I had the G/Y ACT's on a Lexus and they were a perfect tire for that car. I then changed them out to the RT43 and liked them as much as the ACTs. However the RT43 had just a bit more tread noise(not loud, just audible). I've also had the Pirelli P4 & P7. I liked the P4's a bit better. The P4 felt a bit sticker.

Michelin Defender, General Altimax RT43, Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. Don't bother with anything more than a T-rated tire on a 4-cylinder Camry.

Originally Posted By: 007
Need to replace the stock Michelin tires that came on my 2012 Camry L. Not impressed that they only lasted 22K with regular rotations. Any ideas? DTC wants to sell me Kunhos

My strong suggestion is to stay away from Kuhmo tires. I have had bad experience with the tire sidewall wearing out and leaking air. I've been driving for 37 years and have never seen this happen before. I purchased 4 new Kuhmo tires for my BMW 530i and kept air pressure correct in all 4 tires all the time (plus car has tire pressure warning system). One of the tires kept losing air slowly and I couldn't find a leak in the tread, no nils or screws or cuts etc. I then found leak by putting tires in water bath and lo and behold, the sidewalls just softened and degraded the rubber. I am very lucky it didn't blow out. Needless to say I replaced all 4 tires and threw out the Kuhmos even though there was still decent tread left. Also, I rotated tires. They had maybe 35,000 miles over about 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back