Need mini grease gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nice regular size gun but I only have one thing that needs greasing now a days and I am wasting money on the big tubes because I can't use it up fast enough before it leaks all the good stuff out so I'm in search of a mini 3oz gun but most don't have good reviews. The link below goes to one that does have good reviews but some complain that it's hard to remove from the zerk. But some say the female end is adjustable. I looked on mine and it doesn't appear to be adjustable or it's so old it's stuck. It just works, goes on and seals well and comes off easy.

https://www.amazon.com/Workforce-Grease-...uct_top?ie=UTF8

Please educate me on this and maybe some links to a good one, I don't mind spending the money on one but I only need it for my lawn mower so I'll only use 3 or 4 times a year.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Have you tried to tilt the grease gun off to the side and twist to come off the zerk rather than a straight pull?

The one I have I have no problem with it's the one I linked to that reviewers are saying it's hard to get off but some say it's adjustable.

Does any one know if most to the couplers are adjustable.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
I have one but the tubes of grease are not so easy to find and not much choice if you do find them.

And this is why I never have purchased one. WalMart used to sell one of this size of gun and, IIRC, it included an extra tube or two of grease.
How good was the grease? I had no idea, but if it was sold on a price-point at WM, chances are the grease was not a fantastic quality lubricant.
So...does anyone here know of a good quality grease sold in this size of cartridge?

Originally Posted By: Kruse
I have one but the tubes of grease are not so easy to find and not much choice if you do find them.

And this is why I never have purchased one. WalMart used to sell one of this size of gun and, IIRC, it included an extra tube or two of grease.
How good was the grease? I had no idea, but if it was sold on a price-point at WM, chances are the grease was not a fantastic quality lubricant.
So...does anyone here know of a good quality grease sold in this size of cartridge?

For $3.29 I can buy a three pack of cheap grease at walmart. The tubes are plastic.

Even if I throw out the grease, I now have three plastic tubes that will never go bad. A popsickle stick and a little time, and its easy to fill from the 1lb tubs. Marginally harder to do from the 140z long tubes.

Neither of these seems to separate while in its native, sealed state. Only after spending time in the grease gun...

Amsoil only sells their NLGI #2 in 3oz. Redline does not offer any grease in 3oz. Those are my go to brands and haven't looked elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: Kruse

Here is some north of the border. Saw it at Canadian Tire out west today.

I have a 3oz gun from Napa which is used with Superlube for PU bushings. Its caused me no trouble (although I did switch to Jetlube silicone grease in the 14oz tube for that application last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back