Need info on Bosch Batteries

My 98 BMW needs a battery and Pepboys has Bosch battery that fits. Anyone have experience using Bosch batteries? Pros and cons, your input PLEASE!!! Oh,it's a 95R/H9, THANKS!

I personally have never even heard of BOSCH batteries, but then again I was shocked that there is also BOSCH brake rotors! they must make everything, which I think like Beck/Arnley are just rebadged stuff!

I have had two batteries made in Germany. One had a VW part number, and the other had Porche written all over it. They were both excellent batteries. Bosch is probably the same.

I am currently using 5. I have used them for many years. 6 years was the most I have gotten out of them (pro-rated by Pep Boys). One failed (my fault?) right before 3 years but was replaced no questions/free. They have a promotion..order online, pick up at store promotion code treat25 saves you 25% which IMO is a great deal. Plus IMO they are good looking.. LOL

Most Bosch batteries are made by Exide. Currently the only battery I go out of my way to avoid. I would much rather have a JCI or East Penn Deka battery. I recommend looking elsewhere unless the German car batteries are better than the American sized Exide. Every Exide flooded cell I have corroded the terminals fast. If it's an AGM battery it's probably not Exide and outsourced. Advance auto has good coupon codes right now too. Save $50 off $125 iirc.

The particular BMW battery in question is indeed a flooded type. I am not the only one with corroded Exide terminals. My current battery in my Taurus is a 2009 model from Walmart made by Exide before they switched to JCI. I have to clean the fuzz off all the time and it's not over charging since the electrolyte is full.