Need info on Bosch Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 98 BMW needs a battery and Pepboys has Bosch battery that fits. Anyone have experience using Bosch batteries? Pros and cons, your input PLEASE!!! Oh,it's a 95R/H9, THANKS!

I personally have never even heard of BOSCH batteries, but then again I was shocked that there is also BOSCH brake rotors! they must make everything, which I think like Beck/Arnley are just rebadged stuff!

I have had two batteries made in Germany. One had a VW part number, and the other had Porche written all over it. They were both excellent batteries. Bosch is probably the same.

I am currently using 5. I have used them for many years. 6 years was the most I have gotten out of them (pro-rated by Pep Boys). One failed (my fault?) right before 3 years but was replaced no questions/free.

They have a promotion..order online, pick up at store promotion code treat25 saves you 25% which IMO is a great deal.

Plus IMO they are good looking.. LOL

Most Bosch batteries are made by Exide. Currently the only battery I go out of my way to avoid. I would much rather have a JCI or East Penn Deka battery. I recommend looking elsewhere unless the German car batteries are better than the American sized Exide. Every Exide flooded cell I have corroded the terminals fast.

If it's an AGM battery it's probably not Exide and outsourced.

Advance auto has good coupon codes right now too. Save $50 off $125 iirc.

I never had had any corrosion problems with the Bosch battery going waaaay back. Either they are different MFG or different specs. Exide does make AGM batteries as well.

The particular BMW battery in question is indeed a flooded type. I am not the only one with corroded Exide terminals. My current battery in my Taurus is a 2009 model from Walmart made by Exide before they switched to JCI. I have to clean the fuzz off all the time and it's not over charging since the electrolyte is full.

We have two different experiences. I am happy with our Bosch batteries, the warranty and at least in my case the no hassle way Pep Boys handled it...That about sums it up from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back