Need help with 2 oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for an oil capable of an extended drain and good to great cold weather flow. Naturally M1 AFE 0w-30 is pretty high on the list, but since I have access to the Petro Canada line, I figured I'd try to stack it up against the M1 AFE...

Problem is that I'm a bit confused. Looking at MRV values, the M1 is way lower, but the viscosity index of the PC 0w-30 is noticeably higher, making me think that it would be thinner at most all points?

Could someone help clarify this for me please?

Links:

Mobil 1 0w-30 AFE

Petro Canada 0w-30

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Problem is that I'm a bit confused. Looking at MRV values, the M1 is way lower, but the viscosity index of the PC 0w-30 is noticeably higher, making me think that it would be thinner at most all points?

What is the MRV for PC? I did not see it in the document you provided.

Based on the two viscosities though and Widman's calculator, the PC should be thinner than M1 in extreme cold.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: The_Eric

What is the MRV for PC? I did not see it in the document you provided.

Based on the two viscosities though and Widman's calculator, the PC should be thinner than M1 in extreme cold.

The MRV is stated in the PC data sheet as "Borderline Pumping Viscosity" and references the same test method (D4684) as M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back