Need help making my mind up BMW LL-01 / B46 engine - mindlock

I would love to see some pictures of the car and the oil change :)
Here are some photos of the car. I'll post oil change photos this weekend :)

IMG_7581.jpeg
IMG_7582.jpeg
IMG_7583.jpeg

Yeah, $20 delivered from Walmart.com - are you implying $20 oil is inferior? Never used Valvoline (have used their trans fluid for drain and fills with good success). It's LL-01 approved.
I agree 100% but certainly not a drop everything you doing right now type of situation was my point.
Yeah, I'm going to wait until this weekend. Not worth the hassle or lost sleep even if it is unnecessary.

Sorry for this, I'm not questioning quality, but I'm still having a hard time.
Is "$20/qt" a typo? Isn't it $20 per jug actually? That would be a great price.

So wait, is that BMW dealership who used STP or just some dealer in NC? If it is just off the road dealership, yeah get that filter out asap.
It’s a chain. Consignment dealership.
www.carlotz.com

First time with that location, but third time getting a good deal through them. It’s a solid place, but wouldn’t trust the oil or filter to be proper. They only make a few hundred off the transaction, and ignorance is probably part of it.

It’s a chain. Consignment dealership.
www.carlotz.com

First time with that location, but third time getting a good deal through them. It’s a solid place, but wouldn’t trust the oil or filter to be proper. They only make a few hundred off the transaction, and ignorance is probably part of it.
Yeah, just replace it. How many miles vehicle has?

I've gone round and round and spent the last few weeks trying to make my mind up, even consulted my wife on the financials to try to decide what I want to do. I'm
Just use the cheapest 5w40 LL01 oil you can find and buy some KY jelly for when you tell the wife you can afford to take her on vacation with the savings you've made.

The Valvoline European 5W40 has LL-01 approval, and it is priced at $19.99 and locally available. Pretty hard deal to beat, and I don't have to ship anything back. The car isn't street raced, tracked, and such a short OCI, I don't see how I could have any issues. Will be sticking to Mann or Mahle OE/OEM filters.

I will have to checkout the Carquest to see what brand is in the box, not sure if it's any cheaper than Amazon. It was a little over $12 shipped, next day - tax included - for the BMW branded Mann. I would also probably be perfectly fine with the Pennzoil Euro or Quaker State Euro, but the official approval and Valvoline makes me "feel" better about it, so I believe that is the route I am taking. Still have 2000 miles to think this over, just wanted to get out of the perpetual mindlock conundrum I was in.
Get it at FCPEuro. About $10 a liter.

Yeah, just replace it. How many miles vehicle has?
27k at purchase, almost 30k now.
Just use the cheapest 5w40 LL01 oil you can find and buy some KY jelly for when you tell the wife you can afford to take her on vacation with the savings you've made.
Pretty much what I did, $20 for 5 quarts of Valvoline is hard to beat. I can save the money for the KY jelly though, once I tell her we can go on vacation I won't need it ;)
Get it at FCPEuro. About $10 a liter.
$10 a liter is significantly more than $20 for 5 quarts. I'm not doubting that Liqui Moly is quality, but the car isn't street raced, tracked, driven aggressively... mainly highway miles with 5k OCI, I think the Valvoline should be fine. Do you disagree?

Pretty much what I did, $20 for 5 quarts of Valvoline is hard to beat. I can save the money for the KY jelly though, once I tell her we can go on vacation I won't need it ;)

$10 a liter is significantly more than $20 for 5 quarts. I'm not doubting that Liqui Moly is quality, but the car isn't street raced, tracked, driven aggressively... mainly highway miles with 5k OCI, I think the Valvoline should be fine. Do you disagree?
Give her one from me ;)

The only reason to buy the LM from FCP is the return deal for your subsequent oil changes. Obviously adds hassle/time vs. just buying it at Wally.

Back