Need help finding rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an 08 Outlook XR. Need new Front rotors and trying not to spend more then 100. They dont have to be the best but would like decent. I have been leaning towards the Raybesto's PG's

You know I was skeptical at first. I threw some Duralast Golds on the Trans Am in a pintch. 2 Years 12,000 miles and 120 11 second 1/4 mile passes at about 118 MPH later, They stop just as good as when they were new and have not warped yet. They were better then the stock rotors. They were cheap which is why I was suprised. I see they no longer offer a gold option for the Trans Am though. Not sure about your car.

They have never been cut but i think they are warped. getting some bad pulsating lately

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

rock auto starting at $32 each.

Close Refresh Save My Place Print Send these listings to a friend Filter These Part Listings Related Parts
2008 SATURN OUTLOOK XR 3.6L 217cid V6 FI (7) : Brake/Wheel Hub : Rotor Price Core Total Advice
RAYBESTOS Part # 580569R More Info {Professional Grade}
Rear

Part Image
$31.79 $0.00 $31.79
Add to Cart
RAYBESTOS Part # 580560R More Info {Professional Grade}
Front

Part Image
$43.79 $0.00 $43.79
Add to Cart
RAYBESTOS Part # 580569 More Info {Advanced Technology}
Rear

Part Image
$49.79 $0.00 $49.79
Add to Cart
RAYBESTOS Part # 580560 More Info {Advanced Technology}
Front

Part Image
$58.79 $0.00 $58.79
Add to Cart
ACDELCO Part # 18A2543 More Info {#19235233}
ROTOR,RR BRK DURASTOP
- Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day

$57.99 $0.00 $57.99
Add to Cart
ACDELCO Part # 18A2497 More Info {#19203681}
ROTOR,FRT BRK DURASTOP
- Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day

$66.79 $0.00 $66.79
Add to Cart
WAGNER Part # BD126503
Rear

$59.79 $0.00 $59.79
Add to Cart
WAGNER Part # BD126467
Front

$63.79 $0.00 $63.79

Last edited:
um have you tried taking it to a dealer and seeing if they will cover it under warranty.

Originally Posted By: wapacz
um have you tried taking it to a dealer and seeing if they will cover it under warranty.

x2

they have 53k on them so warranty aint going to happen. Rock Auto is the second lowest i have found. 108 total. Autobarn has them for 95 but i am not sure of the brand

Get the Raybestos AT rotors. Guaranteed not to warp. Very high quality IMO. The Raybestos AT pads also have a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
I am not too concerned with the warping. if i get another 50k from my pads and rotors i could care less if they warp. I am getting the Autozone Cmax pads due to cost/ ease of warranty. I was going to get the Raybestos PG pads but with the cost about the same i cant just show up at an autozone with them and get new ones like i can with the cmax

I got a pair of EBC Ultimax rotors for $100 from perfectbrakes.com. So far so good, but one of the tone rings was slightly warped which caused the ABS light to come on. Straightening the tone ring fixed it, but it's something to keep in mind before you install the rotors.

Originally Posted By: PT1
Get the Raybestos AT rotors. Guaranteed not to warp. Very high quality IMO. The Raybestos AT pads also have a lifetime warranty.

I've had "premium" rotors warp in short order and cheap ones last 50Kmi and vise-versa. There's too many variables involved to say a rotor is guaranteed not to warp. To the OP; 53Kmi on an '08 Outlook?!? Does it ever cool off!

Joel

Last edited:
FWIW, I had the more expensive Raybestos PG Plus US-made rotors warp on me. Whereas I didn't have that problem with Chinese-sourced Aimco GS/red label ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back