Need advice - Ebay auction gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I would appreciate your opinions on this. I just bought 6 oil filters for my Allison transmission on this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160895795123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
From the photo and description I believed these were OEM Allison filters. Well the box arrived today and I got 6 Filpro filters made in China. The filters were smaller and do not appear to hace the quality of constructin that the Allison has. Was this my fault for misinterpreting this auction or was the seller being deceptive?

This one seems a bit sketchy, as the listing never mentions "genuine." Does the box look similar to the box in the picture?

I've seen a lot of listings now that say similar part numbers....which is what your listing says as well. Usually, listings that say this and lack the word "genuine" are a red flag for Chinesium knock-offs.

I think you have a decent case against the seller though, as the picture of the filter looks very genuine.

The picture in the auction is of a genuine Allison filter with a genuine Allison filter box. The Boxes I received didn't look anything like this at all. They are green and white and say "Filpro" on them. Nothing about Allison on them at all.

Come on, showing an allison box gives the buyer the obvious and immediate expectation that it is an alison filter, not just that it fits where allison filters fit.

If it was a picture of a tranny, it would be different.

Did the filter boxes you received have the same part number as what' shown in the ebay ad photo? If not, then it's deceiving advertisement by the seller.

$(KGrHqV,!pkF!uFlgkw)BQb,gO,ph!~~60_1.JPG

No, not the same number at all! I received 6 of these.

25api.jpg

Last edited:
try to contact the seller first. see if they're willing to work something out with you. if that fails, leave negative feedback and open a case against u-techcenter

Fight it and don't spend a nickel on return postage. If they want the bogus filters back they have to pay.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Did the filter boxes you received have the same part number as what' shown in the ebay ad photo? If not, then it's deceiving advertisement by the seller.

$(KGrHqV,!pkF!uFlgkw)BQb,gO,ph!~~60_1.JPG

Agree, screen print the auction ASAP too (before contacting them).

Didn't know U-Haul was so desperate they are now selling parts on Ebay!
smile.gif

That being said I'd fight it. They show you a picture of a genuine filter and sell you the cheap junk. Definitely shady and not what you were expecting to get.

That's ridiculous. I'm not sure what to expect, I'd think at the worst you pay to ship them back and they refund your purchase.

Originally Posted By: k1rod
Hi all, I would appreciate your opinions on this. I just bought 6 oil filters for my Allison transmission on this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160895795123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
From the photo and description I believed these were OEM Allison filters. Well the box arrived today and I got 6 Filpro filters made in China. The filters were smaller and do not appear to hace the quality of constructin that the Allison has. Was this my fault for misinterpreting this auction or was the seller being deceptive?

I do a pretty amount of buying and selling on ebay so I hope this can help you.

Buyers are literally 100% protected. As others have said, take a screenshot, print out the page do whatever to keep a copy of it as this is your proof.

Contact the seller, send them a picture and link to their Auction, and a picture of the item you received. Point out that they are not what was advertised(be nice) and that you would like to either:

- Exchange for the "correct item" with seller paying return shipping.

or

- Return item if there is no "genuine" allison filter available.

I believe they have a certain time to respond, I would read up on the Ebay dispute documentation. The moment that time expires or the seller has not given you a satisfactory response/solution, contact and file a dispute with Ebay.

BE VERY DESCRIPTIVE: Document again the link to the Auction, at this point it may be best to host the images for the auction and what you received so you can provide it to them as a link so they can reference.

Then explain that you contacted the seller, you asked to do a return or exchange etc, and that you would like Ebay to resolve this for you.

Typically from my dealings is that if they do see the incorrect item being listed and what you got was incorrect they will refund a certain % of the money back if the seller is at fault. The other half is generally given back once the seller is contacted and agrees to pay them back.

I had this happen with Computer Equipment, Car Parts and Video Game items. The best thing you have in your favor is that Ebay really looks out for the buyer.

Did you try to contact the seller before coming here? He has 99+% positive feedback and over 4,000 feedback inputs. I have found that sellers like this work with you and make things right. If not, as the others have said there is buyer protection to fall back on. All you should have to do, however, is contact the seller through eBay and state your case.

I have been on eBay for fourteen years and only had one experience where the seller didn't make good. since I never got the item PayPal gave me a refund because he did not respond to their communication for ten days. Easy-peasy.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Did you try to contact the seller before coming here? He has 99+% positive feedback and over 4,000 feedback inputs. I have found that sellers like this work with you and make things right. If not, as the others have said there is buyer protection to fall back on. All you should have to do, however, is contact the seller through eBay and state your case.

I have been on eBay for fourteen years and only had one experience where the seller didn't make good. since I never got the item PayPal gave me a refund because he did not respond to their communication for ten days. Easy-peasy.

Hi, No I did not contact the seller before coming here. If you read my initial post you'll note that the reason I came here was to ask if people though I had anything to complain to the seller about or if it was my fault for misinterpreting the auction. I have now sent a "item not as described" message to the seller and am awaiting their response. Thanks everybody for your input so far.

Originally Posted By: wkcars
The picture doesn't match and their description is not clear even though they say in 1 line at the very end "Please reference part #T1276" that in no way tells a buyer that that's what they are selling.

+1 ... the seller is purposely trying to be deceptive as much as possible IMO. If he's saying "Please reference part #T1276", then why doesn't he just say what brand and P/N he's selling and show the actual picture of that item?

Instead, he's showing a genuine Allison filter and referencing the Allison P/N. He's being purposely underhanded.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: wkcars
The picture doesn't match and their description is not clear even though they say in 1 line at the very end "Please reference part #T1276" that in no way tells a buyer that that's what they are selling.

+1 ... the seller is purposely trying to be deceptive as much as possible IMO. If he's saying "Please reference part #T1276", then why doesn't he just say what brand and P/N he's selling and show the actual picture of that item?

Instead, he's showing a genuine Allison filter and referencing the Allison P/N. He's being purposely underhanded.

I have to agree with this ^^^. That was an intentionally misleading auction IMO. I sell a LOT of stuff on E-Bay and I would never use the photo of one thing and then send another. Doesn't even matter that the seller mentions the other part # at the bottom in an obscure manner. The photo and main description is of an OEM Allison part and part #.

Without question I would print the screen with all the details 1st so you have proof then I would contact the seller and demand your money back or that they send you what you paid for. PLUS they need to pay return shipping if they want the cheapo filters back. You should not be responsible for one red cent of this bait and switch illegal auction to make it right. If they give you any hassle file a claim over the part not being as advertised.

I hate it when people do that stuff.

Get your money back, and his first-born! That was dirty. Problem is, you may have to pay for return shipping. I've fought a fake Coach wallet for my wife once (and won). Item wasn't "new", nor genuine. I told her not to buy that [censored] on ebay, because it will sure be fake. Anyway, we had to ship back at our expense, and were refunded our money once shipment was confirmed received. You must have tracking and signature on return shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back