Need a Grease!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2006 Kia Sorento. It only has three grease points on the vehicle, one on each of the U joints, and I think it has a slip yoke on the drive shaft, a sleeve that fits over the front of the drive shaft with a grease fitting. Would like to use something that is easy to get, I live in Canada, BC to be exact, and universal, as my car has to grease bladders on the rod ends.

IMHO any lithium soap based NLGI#2 grease should do justice.

If you like you can try getting some decent grease from Lordco. While I don't have any personal fave on this particular subject, I've had good luck using most major brands of grease provided that they are NLGI#2 rated. My wife's previous vehicle (4-runner) we use from Vavoline all-climate to Q-state to Castrol general purpose grease.

So long as you remember to grease them on a regular basis (and assuming that the yoke is correctly hardened and dust/moisture-free, you shall have very, very long service life in B.C. don't run it through water during flooding seasons otherwise it may rust and seize on you when you least expected.

Good luck and wish you a sunny summer (no flash floods)

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back