Need a good synthetic , regular, or blend 2 stroke oil

I have a stihl leaf blower, I need good 2 stroke oil, is motul or castrol 2t good?

I'd like some recommendations for those of you who have used 2 stroke oil and good ones.

I know that conventional burns alot better, not sure about synthetic blend.

I run my weed eater at 5:1 ratio, highly rich with conventional oil. (it's a cheap craftsman weed eater trying to get the most life out of it.)

My stihl runs at 40:1 but I feel like the engine is scraping a little.

stihl ultra?, echo red armor? both widely available.

Also your weed eater would thank you for some 32:1 or 40:1 it doesnt have brass bushes in it....

amsoil sabre 100/1 been using it for a long time its still running on the same spark plug .

Go to Home Depot/Menards/Lowes and buy premix in the ratio you want. I gave up mixing my own years ago. Competition type users tend to go toward racing synthetics like Red Line or Klotz.....

I’m giving Sabre a try too, but chickened out on the 100:1 and mixed 50:1. I see a few at 100:1 with no issues though? Interesting.

I only use about 3-4 gallons a year of 2 stroke mix.

I get mine at Lowe's
Screenshot_20210411-074746_Lowe's.jpg

I don’t own a Stihl, but I mow with antique Lawn Boys, and have an Echo saw and Husqvarna trimmer. I use both Echo Red Armor and Amsoil Saber mixed around 45-50:1. I’ve taken the carb/reed valve plate from my Lawn Boys and the internals have a nice oil film on them and the mufflers don’t have any oil slobber coming out of them. I won’t run the mix any leaner than that because of my green babies. But Stihl Ultra and Husqvarna XP+ are both good oils too.

L8R,
Matt

I’m giving Sabre a try too, but chickened out on the 100:1 and mixed 50:1. I see a few at 100:1 with no issues though? Interesting.

I only use about 3-4 gallons a year of 2 stroke mix.
3 or 4 gallons a year? Buy some high quality pre-mix with non ethanol gas. Red Armor, Stihl, whatever floats your boat

I have never in my life heard of anyone running a 5:1 ratio??? Wow are you fouling plugs? I doubt you will get any more life out of it that running 32:1 plus you will save on oil enough to buy another one.

Back