Need a cam/crank seal installation kit.

Looking for suggestions from any of these or others that are out there.

PBT Australia $100:
91U5F3xfzkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Another PBT $50:
711oSoZgofL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Chinese knock-off $40:
71TcLiC79iL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Another Chinese $40:
71IgBelikWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The PBT kit was worth every penny I paid for it and a whole bunch more. Snapon had an exclusive on them when they first came out so I paid tool truck price for it. It has driven in and removed hundreds of seals no issues

I have the PBT kit. It works fairly well, but doesn’t always have an exact fit for every seal. SP tools makes some application specific options as well.

if you only need it once maybe something from autozone you can rent out will get the job done?

I have the first one you pictured and I've used it a couple of times, but I agree with The Critic that it's nowhere near as easy or convenient as an application specific tool like this one:

s-l1600.jpg

Oh and you didn't ask, but for removing the seals in a tight area this Lisle tool works very well:

LIS58430__93093.1429218195.jpg

Recently got the red case one, I think it worked fine on a cam seal Toyota 3.3, used it one the crank seal as well using the longer set of hooks, which the metal could be a little thicker. Then I also had the screw driver handle type and that worked good too. With either the strategy I found, just budge the seal loose at several spots around the perimeter and not try to take it out in 1 pull. For the cam seal install part I used the same as above and in this video at the 10 minute mark, and for the crank some PVC pipe that was similar diameter here too.

Last edited:
Back