Need 16" Needle Nose Pliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
According to Snap On website, the 16" Long Needle Nose Pliers, straight part# BDG916CP and 45° Angle part# BDG91645CP, are made in China, very disappointed. So far only 16" pliers made in USA is KAL, and only 45° Angle part# BDG91645CP is available on UK eBay.

As noted by several. the Blue points are not USA made but all of the Snappy pliers that I have looked up are. This link is for all of the long needle nose pliers that in the same style as the others have pointed out. All of them are USA made.

Snap-on Natural finish Needle Nose Pliers

Neither Snap-on nor Klein has 16" long pliers. The only 16" is Snap-On Blue-point

14.5" isn't long enough? The long Snap-On pliers I linked to before are 14.5".

What could you do with a 16" that you couldn't do with a 14.5"? I'm not being critical, I'd just like to know.

Last edited:
Why 16" and only 16"?

I turned wrenches for a living for years and never had an issue with 14.5" pliers. The pliers you're looking for are "long reach" and the companies make slightly different sizes, similar to wrenches being different lengths for a given size.

What I mean is answering a simple question about country of origin of a tool set is not too much hassle. Asking that question on Oct-30 and then again on Nov-01, no respond at all until now. This to me is bad customer services, if they don't bother answer a simple question, what will happen if the tool failed later on ?

It's possible that those MAC 16" pliers were made by KAL Tools when you bought it a while ago, but I have no idea where are those pliers made now, it's possible they are made in China now.

I wish they could email me within 48 hours after I first asked about country of origin, I could buy it if it is made in USA. I tried to buy made in USA tools even at higher price, but I will not pay higher price for unknown country of origin.

What I'm saying is that you could be missing out on some excellent pliers all because
of some teeny bopper in an office somewhere who won't answer your email ...

I have 11" needle nose pliers and had a hard time to remove a heater hose clamp deep down between firewall and engine. I borrowed a neighbor 16" 45° Angle pliers and it was so easy to remove that clamp, so I decided to by a pair of 16" pliers.

14.5" maybe long enough or maybe not, I don't know for sure. I don't like to buy 14.5" pliers and then find out later that 16" is better.

Thank you all for posting your recommendations. I will post my opinion about these 16" pliers when I received it. For $10 each shipping included I don't expect much.

Received the 3 16" pliers last night, they are made in China as expected, initial impression was very good quality pliers for $10/ea shipped, all 3 pliers are heavy at almost 1/2 pound each.

Tried 2 16" pliers to remove/reinstall the heater hose clamp deep down between firewall and engine, also try to remove/reinstall the same heater hose with the 11" pliers again.

Both straight and 45° angle 16" pliers was easy to use, it took less than 30 seconds to either remove or reinstall the clamp, the 45° angle pliers seems to be easier to use. In the other hand, I still have a tough time using the 11" pliers to do the same job, even I tried it after the 2 16" pliers. It took me more than 3-4 minutes with the 11" pliers instead of 30 seconds with the 16" pliers.

Lesson learned: The right/correct tools make the job much easier to do.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Didn't hear back from MAC TOOLS about country of origin of their pliers set. Garrett Wade didn't respond to the same question either.

I'd be extremely surprised if that SP162 set was not made in the U.S.A.

Finally received email from MAC TOOLs today, more than 10 days after asking for COO by email.

Their answer "SP162 is made in China."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back