Nearly 50% of men who have never flown or landed an airplane think they could safely land a passenger airplane

No, the problem is, I am very good looking and get tired of them hitting on me šŸ˜‚

Thats also why I do not put my picture on BITOG.

I do not like making people jealous.

Life isnā€™t says fairā€¦ā€¦for me.

I am o.k.
I believe you 100%. I have the same problem. As to the premise of this thread, I'm not sure I could land a passenger jet single-handedly; however, I do think I could land an F-14 on a carrier safely. At night. In a storm. From the backseat.
Those of you that want to point out that Navy 2-seat fighters don't have flight controls in the back I have one word for you. Telekinesis.

I believe you 100%. I have the same problem. As to the premise of this thread, I'm not sure I could land a passenger jet single-handedly; however, I do think I could land an F-14 on a carrier safely. At night. In a storm. From the backseat.
Those of you that want to point out that Navy 2-seat fighters don't have flight controls in the back I have one word for you. Telekinesis.
To be honest, I am not a nervous type person at all but I think I would be nervous even sitting in the back watching a Navy pilot land, at night, pitch black with no moon.

Might be o.k during the dayšŸ«£

Kind of like the same chances of someone who learned on a single engine Cessna and then jump into a 767 and fly into a building, with pinpoint accuracy, twice.

edit: I agree 100%, no chance
I can't tell if you are joking or serious, so I'll just address your statement.

You seem to be equating safely landing a passenger jet to pointing a passenger jet around the sky. The two are so vastly different that there is no comparison.

I can put you in a 172 today and I could get you to fly the airplane around just by looking outside at the horizon. You could turn, climb, descend, just by pointing the airplane where you wanted to go. How do I know this? Because that's where every student pilot begins, flying by reference to the horizon. When all you are doing is pointing the airplane around the sky, you might be surprised, but a 172 and a 767 aren't that much different. The first time I flew a 767, my comment was, "wow this flies just like an airplane." When you have had 30 or 40 hours of primary and understand a bit about power and attitude, then the 767 flies just like an airplane.

This thread wasn't about pointing an airplane at something, it was about safely landing a passenger jet. The two can't be compared.

I bet i could crash the airplane into a lake or something and live, i don't know about safely landing it. I'd probably just try to glide in a kinda straight line until the bottom of the plane hit the ground. Hopefully there's some trees or something to break the impact

I want to learn to fly but I know nothing about flying airplanes and i don't really know anyone in person who does

I bet i could crash the airplane into a lake or something and live, i don't know about safely landing it. I'd probably just try to glide in a kinda straight line until the bottom of the plane hit the ground. Hopefully there's some trees or something to break the impact

I want to learn to fly but I know nothing about flying airplanes and i don't really know anyone in person who does
Yep, youā€™re one of the 50%, alright.

The airplane wonā€™t survive the crash, and neither will you.

ā€œTry to glideā€ when you donā€™t know how to fly, means youā€™ll be hitting the water like Air France 447.

Back