NASCAR Driver Kyle Larson in 2024 Indy 500

Pending additional 2023 entries, Kyle would become just the fifth driver to run "The Double" on Memorial Day weekend by racing in the Indy 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. The most recent driver to do so was Kurt Busch in 2014.

Larson, who has shown his versatility by co-driving the Chip Ganassi RacingRiley DP to overall victory in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, said: “I’m super excited. Competing at the Indianapolis 500 is a dream of mine and something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time – since I was a child, before I ever began competing in sprint cars.

“To do it with Arrow McLaren and Mr. Hendrick especially is a dream come true. I’m grateful for the opportunity and am really looking forward to it, even though it’s still about a year-and-a-half away.

Gavin Ward, racing director at Arrow McLaren added: “Kyle’s ability and desire to compete across so many disciplines of motor racing is as rare today as it is refreshing. He’s one of the best dirt track racers on the planet. He’s a NASCAR Cup champion. He’s won a Rolex 24 at Daytona.

“He’s an incredibly talented driver and has shown his ability to win no matter what he’s racing. I can’t think of a more exciting addition to Arrow McLaren’s 2024 Indy 500 lineup.

“We’re all racers on this team, and we’re going to give it everything to make sure this endeavor is as successful as possible.”

Back