NASCAR Clash at the LA Coliseum

This race is boring and it looks like not much in the stands either...Hopefully NASCAR does not do this again....

I'm tuning in, and I'll probably watch the 500 since Tony Stewart will be part of the broadcast. Lord, the prerace broadcasts have gotten gay. Really more interested in the car than anything else.

Reddick made a good point on the possibility of broken transaxles and pit stops. Be interested in seeing what's giving in the unit.

Joey! :D
22-Richmond-1.jpg

The racing was good short track racing, but they can keep the rap crap. I like the car. I still don't think that it'll draw me back to nascar in the way I used to follow it. Of course, they aren't concerned with that. Fair enough.

Watched it myself, I was skeptical as to how small it was but turned out pretty good! If you didn't enjoy then you aren't a race fan! I personally wish NASCAR would do away with most of the 1.5 mile "sleeper" races and find more short tracks! I love the sport but hate the boring superspeedway races where they never lift and drafting is king... heck those are the only races where a non-driver can win though I guess (cough Bubba Wallace Cough)

Watched it myself, I was skeptical as to how small it was but turned out pretty good! If you didn't enjoy then you aren't a race fan! I personally wish NASCAR would do away with most of the 1.5 mile "sleeper" races and find more short tracks! I love the sport but hate the boring superspeedway races where they never lift and drafting is king... heck those are the only races where a non-driver can win though I guess (cough Bubba Wallace Cough)
3 leaders doesn't make for a good race. Plus, they could never have a full field on that tiny track. This wasn't a race, it was a glorified PR session to try and attract new eyes. Plus, it served as a shakedown for the new car.

3 leaders doesn't make for a good race. Plus, they could never have a full field on that tiny track. This wasn't a race, it was a glorified PR session to try and attract new eyes. Plus, it served as a shakedown for the new car.
PR move must have worked as they had a full house, half time show was crap. :poop:

You should try to find a local short track near you. Or maybe watch short track racing on TV like MavTv. It's pretty easy to develop an appreciation for them.

This type of racing is from the roots of American racing. Heat Races, LCQ's, Smaller fields. As @racin4ds said above, it's easy to become somewhat numb watching the Superspeedways and mile and a half's.

Back