NAPA Synthetic now Dexos approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Valvoline jumped on board with dexos, I wondered if NAPA would do so with their synthetic oils. According to the GM Dexos website NAPA's 0W-20, 5W-20 & 5W-30 oils are now dexos approved. It's going to be hard to find a better deal on a dexos rated oil if/when NAPA runs their $3.49/quart special. To me this just verifies that NAPA Syn is very similar to Valvoline SynPower.

i bought 2 cases of Napa Synthetic 0w20 for $1.745 per quart when they had their 10 off 20, 15 off 30, 20 off 40 deals going around April I think.

something about royal purple is unsettling to me, its really expensive and there are better oils out there for cheaper, at least from my understanding of the spec sheets.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Somewhat on topic, I noticed yesterday that Royal Purple is on the official dexos1 list, too.

All the dexos holdouts slowly succumbing to GM. (Dr. Evil's sinister laugh)
grin2.gif
:

Just used some in a Chevy van - older bottle from 6 months ago - said "exceeds Dexos1 specs". Now that Valvoline is full bore with Hendrick Racing and GM, they're cleaning up a bunch of loose ends.
napasynlbl.gif

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
something about royal purple is unsettling to me, its really expensive and there are better oils out there for cheaper, at least from my understanding of the spec sheets.

If I had to buy oil by quarts (as one does in M1 0w-40 up here), RP is a reasonable choice, cheaper than other regularly priced synthetics from my supplier. In the bigger retail picture up here, the regular price of RP is positioned between M1 and M1 EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back