Napa Proselect 21356 *picture*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the pro-select on my Toyota now - where's the bypass, can bottom or inlet? I was suspecting the bottom end cap welded ( ala Clarecore/Purolator) which would be a change for Wix.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
- where's the bypass, can bottom

It's on the bottom of the can, right in the middle of where the spring sat.

Last edited:
WhOA! Did you open that can with a 050 to the eyeball?

Took about 10 min with a needle nose pliers. LOL

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
WhOA! Did you open that can with a 050 to the eyeball?

Took about 10 min with a needle nose pliers. LOL

Hehehehe, nice! Worked though...

Looks like he dropped an M-80 in it.
LOL.gif
Whatever works, media looks good.

This is the first time I've seen the top hatch used for content extraction.

..and, yes, it did look sorta like you could have shot it through the main lug to get it done
LOL.gif

I just took a 1356 Nascar select off my car that was in service for a hair under 4,000 miles. I'll cut it open when I get a chance for comparison sake, I was curious how different they were from the regular ProSelect and since it's the same part number, now I'll know. Thanks for the pic.
thumbsup2.gif

An abrasive cutoff wheel on a dremel tool works wonders for low $$, but it gets little bits all ovet the media.

Last edited:
well this is interesting news the CHEAPER filter has MORE room for the media than a traditional WIX (napa goLD) with the base mounted ( ungasketed) bypass. HOW MANY SQ INCHES? AND WHATS THE MEDIA. i DONT CARE ABOUT METAL END CAPS.

Last edited:
I cut open my Napa Nascar Select 1356 today for comparison sake:
p6300650.jpg

p6300652.jpg

p6300654.jpg

Oil used: Pennzoil 5W-30
Miles: 3,912
Time in use: Just under 3 months

The "spin-flow" element appears to just be a cheap plastic/paper thing with flaps. Also, this was a very tough can! Took almost an entire dremel wheel to cut it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back