NAPA Pro Select

Found a driveway to change oil this time. Looking at doing the Mobil 1 $10 rebate with NAPA and a ProSelect filter. I'm not "worried" about the filter, just want to make sure it's got a silicon ADBV for the "upside down" Subaru location. Compared to the Gold, any SERIOUS reasons I should buy the Gold instead of Pro Select? I did a Google and found a post here that said a Pro Select had silicon ADBV, but wanted to make sure it's all part numbers.

Thanks!

Depends if the Napa you buy from is still selling old stock .

Also no confirmation if all the new ones are all being built with a silicone valve.

You'll need to physically inspect the filter they pull for you .

If it doesn't have a silicone valve , I'd go Gold for your application.

I don't think the Proselect has a silicone ADBV, except for the one that's a reboxed OE Hyundai filter (Hyundai's OE supplier is Wix's parent company Mann)

Pro Select has no silicon ADBV. Get the gold so you can take advantage of the longer drain interval that you can get with the Mobil. Using Mobil one and a Pro Select is like putting a great tasting Brat and a cheap piece of white bread.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kira
..."is like putting a great tasting Brat and a cheap piece of white bread."

lol

Depends on how much mustard you use.

Originally Posted by Lubener
Pro Select has no silicon ADBV. Get the gold so you can take advantage of the longer drain interval that you can get with the Mobil. Using Mobil one and a Pro Select is like putting a great tasting Brat and a cheap piece of white bread.

No far from it but jokes on this site can be funny.

If it doesn't have it, I'll probably just get a Subaru filter. Cheaper than 7.99 anyway. And a crush washer!

Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
Honestly I'd go OE before pro select.

Gold for a few bucks more is worth it.

Yeah, I just didn't want to drive 10 miles to the dealer. If it was sideways or not upside down like Subarus I wouldn't care either.

Pick up a Napa Platinum the next time they go on sale
smile.gif

My Napa Pro Select has a silicone ADBV. It was built to the same specs as the OEM Hyundai / Kia oil filter.... all for $3.99

There's a couple threads on it here.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
My Napa Pro Select has a silicone ADBV. It was built to the same specs as the OEM Hyundai / Kia oil filter.... all for $3.99

There's a couple threads on it here.

Just picked up a Kia Optima 2015 28k didn't know oil in sump when bought. Did oil change had a pro select on it ok big deal. Wrapped up oil change cut filter what a POS that turned out to be media crunched and wavey flaking plastic in media from center tube luckily I changed with OEM Kia we'll see how that one cuts otherwise it will be a ultra next.

Last edited:
Picture this; A woodpecker pecking on a street light. That's the sound your engine will most likely make if you use that PRO SELECT oil filter. I wonder how I know this?
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by dlundblad
The Extra Guard will be silicone if you want a cheap filter.

A good choice for under four dollars.

Back