NAPA Pro Select 12 pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can save $1 per filter if I buy a 12 pack of the NAPA filters. I have three vehicles the same style/number will fit.

Currently I use the Quaker State oil filters Menards sells. Are the Pro Select similar in quality? They are in price, unless I buy in bulk.

Thanks!

I believe Pro selects are sometimes called Napa silver(At my local Napa supplier in Canada). They usually come in a white metal can.

I've used them before and they are a good filter. The Napa Gold is a better filter, but you can use it with confidence.

Have a look at this youtube video for details. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T33SBMpmguE

Regards, JC.

No, Napa Silver is a different, slightly better filter. ProSelect is the cheapest filter Napa offers. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just the most inexpensive. It's typically what the shops use on customer's cars.

I have used many proselect and will again when my stock of golds runs out. I like gold and proselect better than most others out there. Go for it!

The QS is a decent filter, but the nitrile ADBV on them is garbage-for some reason they harden up & fail quickly when I use them. Never used the Pro Selects, the few Silvers I've used have been good.

Pro Select is Napa's third tier cellulose media filter (ie., non synthetic). Only possible knock I'd put on the NPS is if your application uses a nitrile combo valve design, many do. If it does, I'd choose the Quaker State or other Puro variant with standard separate bypass and adbv. I prefer the traditional separate set up for reliability reasons. My .02

Originally Posted By: exranger06
No, Napa Silver is a different, slightly better filter. ProSelect is the cheapest filter Napa offers. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just the most inexpensive. It's typically what the shops use on customer's cars.

Yep this. I've had surprisingly good results with Silvers, you'll not notice any difference in use between the Silver and the Pro Select IMO though as they are very similar. The Silver usually has a little bit more media (just a few pleats worth) and the can color and paint job is more attractive IMO thats probably about it.

How much are you getting the Pro Selects for per filter? The Silver go on sale pretty regular for $2.54 a piece and you don't have to buy in bulk.

The Pro Select are $1.99 each in a case of 12.

Menards just put the Quaker State on sale for $1.99 so I will just buy some of those.

I have used the Pro Selects as well as the Purolator Classic which I believe is similiar to the QS. I have cut both open after use and I prefer the Pro Select over the Classic based on construction.

ProSelect are in every sense of the word economy filters. I'd personally take a Quaker State (and have) over the ProSelect, but a Silver over a Quaker State.

Originally Posted By: Plumber
I can save $1 per filter if I buy a 12 pack of the NAPA filters. I have three vehicles the same style/number will fit.

Currently I use the Quaker State oil filters Menards sells. Are the Pro Select similar in quality? They are in price, unless I buy in bulk.

Thanks!

Once,I had a local tire store do an on sale bulk OCI on my engine, using the ProSelect filter. Upon startup the engine made so much noise it sounded like a woodpecker on a street light.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back