Napa Gold now Affinia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a stupid question...The Napa Gold Filter I just recently bought says Affinia where it used to say Wix. Both the one that says Wix, and the new one that says Affinia are made in the same place, Gastonia NC. Any explanation on why the name has changed? It still is a Wix filter right?

Sean M. Pittman, USAF,
1995 Ford Mustang GT HO,
2001 Chevy Camaro Z-28,
2001 Honda Magna

From the Wix site:

One of the biggest news stories of the year was the sale of the Dana Automotive Aftermarket Group (AAG) to New York-based buyout firm Cypress Group, which agreed to purchase the AAG unit for approximately $1 billion. That deal was announced in early July of this year, and two months later, on Sept. 8, it was announced that Dana AAG would have a new name under its new owners - AFFINIA.

quote:

Originally posted by BigDenCCMD:
Question now is will the quality be the same?

The quality IMPROVED after Dana bought us and, from what I've seen so far, it will improve with Affinia.

Why do people assume the worst when there is an ownership change, and no major management changes. At least 4 of Affinia's top managers are Wix graduates.( it was tough getting the Dana out of them when they first got here
wink.gif
)

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
There probably is a lot of discussion about this in the Oil Filters forum.

180 quarts???? Does your insurance company know you're warehousing this stuff??
shocked.gif
nono.gif
worshippy.gif

I believe that I am going to switch all three of our cars over to Wix filters. I bought one yesterday and the small auto parts store had an exploded diagram that outlined the way the product was made and compared it to a Fram. I liked this touch.

Also, the Wix just seems solid and I have never seen a bad review with a Wix filter.

The final touch is that Wix filters are made here in North Carolina. I will spend another $1-$2 for a high quality product that is Made in the USA!!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pete C.:
Why do people assume the worst when there is an ownership change, and no major management changes. ...

Probably because it happens many times. A larger company takes over just for the name recognition, and quality suffers. As you say, it is not so in this case, which is a very good thing.

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Just spend $2.49 and get a quality filter like Purolator Premium Plus.
smile.gif

Nothing wrong with Purolator Premium, I actualy have 4 of them (for $1.50/each after rebate), but many people really like the threaded end bypass. If your going to compare Wix to a Purolator, compare it to the Pure 1, not the Premium. Probably equal construction and media, biggest difference is the threaded end bypass. Don't they both have the silicone ADV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back