NAPA Full Synthetic

The NAPA that I go to is a small, locally owned store in a small town. Not a lot of traffic. A couple months ago I bought on quart of Castrol EDGE and it was an old bottle, only SN rated, not even SN Plus.
So, I was in there this week and bought five quarts of NAPA full Syn, having low expectations. But hey, it was $2.99 a quart. Turned out to be SP and GF-6. I was pleasantly surprised. I am going to put it in the old Explorer. I’m kind of excited now. It should be decent oil, especially given all of the timing chains inside that engine.

Attachments

• 6295D337-43C5-46E3-8B99-B7E79FF2CD4B.jpeg
    6295D337-43C5-46E3-8B99-B7E79FF2CD4B.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 5306CC7A-2D6B-4A29-997C-8352AD266152.jpeg
    5306CC7A-2D6B-4A29-997C-8352AD266152.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 68
The NAPA that I go to is a small, locally owned store in a small town. Not a lot of traffic. A couple months ago I bought on quart of Castrol EDGE and it was an old bottle, only SN rated, not even SN Plus.
So, I was in there this week and bought five quarts of NAPA full Syn, having low expectations. But hey, it was $2.99 a quart. Turned out to be SP and GF-6. I was pleasantly surprised. I am going to put it in the old Explorer. I’m kind of excited now. It should be decent oil, especially given all of the timing chains inside that engine.

That's an outstanding price! It is Valvoline, so it is great oil! Your Explorer will smile and thank you for it! I may have to sneak over to Napa and pick up a case.

It looks like you took advantage of the recent sale perhaps without even knowing it :)

Yep they are having a sale on it currently I picked some high mileage yesterday for the Escape when I seen it made by Valvoline it was coming with me. It was cheaper to buy 5 1 quart bottles than buy one big bottle by 40 cents and it’s easier to pour so I done that.

Been using napa synthetic for a few years very good stuff... can't be beat when on sale and no rebates to mail in.

Back