NAPA Chassis Line Upper control arms = Mevotech

AFAIK the Nakamoto are from Taiwan (check on that I am not 100% sure) and I would guess no different. Put new bushings and ball joints in the old LCA or go OE, the aftermarket ones suck big time, you don't need to get on that merry go round, it can cost a small fortune to get off it.
While Moog is not my favorite brand for some stuff they do okay, they do have an interesting ball joint design for this truck, use OE bushings.

Toyota doesn't have a replacement OEM Ball joint for the 2005-2015 Tacoma 4x4s, they do have replacement arm bushings OEM the consensus is to just buy the whole new arm with alignment cams and save yourself a lot of hassles and quicker turnover

any chance you might know the Japanese supplier of OEM Toyota UCAs and LCAs im curious to know what manufacture makes them, thru online searching ive found very little about where Toyota gets some of its parts from, only possibility is a company called NAKAMOTO in Japan possibly. I think SANKEI 555 are whats used for the ball joints
Toyota makes their own - Aisin subsidiary if it’s a “luxury” or high-end model or from another conglomerate member - Toyotetsu. https://www.tiw.co.jp/en/

555 Sankei is high-quality Japanese aftermarket.

MS = Mevotech Supreme

Blue boots are also a Mevotech Supreme feature. Lifetime warranty "premium" Mevotech line.

I put a pair of their front LCAs in my Volvo. So far so good.

The only quality Mevotech part appears to be their TTX line which appears extremely overbuilt. But IMO for an OE application I would prefer to stick with a sealed joint over a greaseable one.

The only quality Mevotech part appears to be their TTX line which appears extremely overbuilt. But IMO for an OE application I would prefer to stick with a sealed joint over a greaseable one.
And none of the Mevotech parts have sealed joints.

I have Mevotech on my 2002 Tahoe for ball joints. All of them have been fine. I also got Mevotech wheel bearings up front. 20K miles, fine.

Where you DON'T want to get ball joints is from 1Aauto.com. I installed one on a car and it made it around the block before popping.

Truth be known they are all made in the same two ling long ching chong factory with a huge variety of labels as they are stacked on the pallet before loaded on the boat headed to a Rock Auto warehouse that will rob you on shipping.

Back