Name two of the worst movies made!

Originally Posted by Bud
Clockwork Orange
No way, this is about as close as it gets to the book.
09.gif

Halloween III
Cabin in the woods - I've never laughed through an entire horror movie ever (in theatres).

People point to "Plan 9 From Outer Space" as being the worst movie ever but "Eegah" starring Arch Hall, Jr. and Richard Kiel in the title role makes it look like an Academy Award winner in comparison. I'm drawn to it, I'm going to check to see if it's on line. For some reason this was a cult favorite on late nite movies in Milwaukee in the early fifties, long before Mystery Science Theater 3000 picked it up.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Eegah

A movie trying to hit a higher level that I remember as being horrible because I was unwillingly made to go with my crazed teenage daughter was "Velvet Goldmine", which was David Bowie meets Citizen Kane. Had a cast of people I like including Toni Collette, but I remember it as being a pretentious horror. If it's on line, I might have to have another look but suspect that ten minutes will be enough.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Velvet_Goldmine

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Number_35
I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but we were late to the game in getting a VCR, and when we finally did (in the late '80s), my friend lent us a VHS tape of 48 Hours. We slogged through it, and didn't enjoy it at all. Then a while later we read a review of Another 48 Hours, which was said to "lack the charm of the original". Given that the original held no charm for us, we passed on the sequel. "Lacks the charm of the original" has become part of family lore.

What is a VCR?

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
VCR = the greatest television recording device ever!

I still use a VCR to record live HD TV occasionally

Brings back memories

Originally Posted by Ws6
Hard Candy stands without peer.

Yeah, a lot of bad movies I would never watch
but yeah, not exactly good subject matter there based solely on the preview.

Bleh

E039C06A-FE58-41E5-8D99-C0282D67A7D2.jpeg

Last edited:
1. Gone Fishin' - with Joe (Joe Pesci) and Gus (Danny Glover) ughh... even as a kid I found it appalling

2. Rock 'n' Roll High School Forever - with Corey Feldman - Horrible in every way possible...

Plan Nine From Outer Space

Plan 9 from Outer Space is considered by some critics, including Michael Medved, to be the worst film in the history of cinema. So bad it has became a cult classic.

Mixed Nuts
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Steve Martin was in both of these...I actually like a lot of his movie work, but these two are painful all around.

Originally Posted by sohccammer427
Plan 9 from Outer Space is considered by some critics, including Michael Medved, to be the worst film in the history of cinema. So bad it has became a cult classic.

Plan 9 is in the so bad it's good genre...it's actually fun to watch because it is so inept. I love the scene where two cops are creeping through a graveyard and one of them knocks a cardboard "tombstone" over...and quickly picks it up and puts it back into place. Ed Wood was not one to waste much film or spend much time editing...

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by sohccammer427

Plan 9 is in the so bad it's good genre...it's actually fun to watch because it is so inept. I love the scene where two cops are creeping through a graveyard and one of them knocks a cardboard "tombstone" over...and quickly picks it up and puts it back into place. Ed Wood was not one to waste much film or spend much time editing...

Having watched both many times-- I'll still standing with Eegah!

Peruse this trailer.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36F--QzG7O8

I've never seen "Plan 9" or "Ishtar", but I've heard they are very, very bad.

My vote: I concur with "Eegah". I saw it, and was embarrassed, even though I didn't have anything to do with it. Maybe it was because I was watching it...

And, the one my two brothers and I walked out of the theater on: "Starcrash (1978)", a pile of grossness that was so bad, I like to think that we escaped the theater. I can remember two of us were sniping at our brother about dragging us to the theater to attempt to watch this terrible movie. Sorry Christopher Plummer and David Hasselhoff... embarrassing.

You can also consider "Manos, the Hand of Fate", "Attack of the the Eye Creatures" (sic), and quite a few others that have all been made fun of by MST3K, but they did it for us. :p

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Snowpiercer

The Last Airbender

I saw there is an upcoming TV show of this on TNT. It looked terrible and everything I read about it makes it seem terrible.

O an Battlefield Earth and Grease are my choices.

I was reminded by a friend of this, I retract Battlefield Earth and in its place I submit Phantasm. Not even a really nice Challenger could make that a good movie.

Originally Posted by haggler
Cabin in the woods - I've never laughed through an entire horror movie ever (in theatres).

'Worst'? That movie was fantastic!

Originally Posted by Ws6
Hard Candy stands without peer.

Hard Candy was supposed to be very uncomfortable to watch, so in that regard it succeeded amazingly and was therefor in a way 'good', unpleasant as it was. But it sure wasn't a warm and fuzzy Disney movie, that's for sure.

Back