MYSTIK oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mystik brand use to be owned by CATO Oil Company out of Oklahoma City and made some excellent lubricants. CITGO purchased CATO Oil several years ago and now makes the Mystik brand. I have not kept up with their quality in several years but know a lot of farmers and cattle ranchers in the Oklahoma area that still use it.

Their PCMO meet all the current API specs.

http://docs.mystiklubes.com/msds_pi/20001.pdf

It is a good oil known for a robust additive pkg similar to that of an oil like Rotella or something; it also is known for keeping a motor clean.

If you want a synthetic blend oil that will protect like a good HM oil will except you have not need for the extra seal conditioners, then the Mystik is a great choice.

about 4 months ago it went from 2.99 per QT to 3.99 per QT literally overnight though!

I use their gear oil and I like it so far. And like Johnny said, the farmers & ranchers know cause they trust their 200,000 dollar combines to the stuff so that should speak of it...but hopefully Citgo did not make any negative changes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
The Mystik brand use to be owned by CATO Oil Company out of Oklahoma City and made some excellent lubricants. CITGO purchased CATO Oil several years ago and now makes the Mystik brand. I have not kept up with their quality in several years but know a lot of farmers and cattle ranchers in the Oklahoma area that still use it.

Their PCMO meet all the current API specs.

http://docs.mystiklubes.com/msds_pi/20001.pdf

The JT-8 Premium Gas oil is not listed on the current GM approval list (although the Citgo oils are), and when I called Citgo to ask about it, they responded that:

"The Mystik JT-8 Premium Gas 5W-20 and 5W-30 will meet the performance requirements of General Motors GM6094M low temperature oil specification.

Thank you for contacting Mystik Lubricants.

Sincerely ....."

For what that's worth.

I'm still working through several cases of the old SX-8 HDEO Synthetic Blend, that are still in Cato branded cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back