Mystik JT8 15W40 oil users

All, I have been a religious Mobil user for years and even Mobil Delvac in my 2012 Ram Cummins. I have slowly switched my fleet to Super Tech because of the information on this site, thank you for that, my wallet appreciates it! Anyway, I noticed the other day that Mystik JT8 15W40 semi synthetic is on sale at the local Farm & Fleet store for $59.99 and Mystik is offering a $20 rebate. This seems like a great deal at $6.67/gallon! Does anyone else use Mystik JT8 15W40? If so any experiences to share? I've searched on line and haven't found too much about it really. Here is the Farm & Fleet special.

Mystik info -> info link & SDS

Thanks in advance!

A previous employer used Mystik 15w-40 in every fleet vehicle they owned and had been for ~15 years. Dump trucks, backhoes, Chevy S10s, F150s, sedans, mowers -- if it had an engine, it used Mystik. This was early 2000s so I'm fairly certain it was regular old dino Mystik.

The VI on that JT8 isn't far off from Rotella T6 15w-40 (which is ~160 IIRC).

All, I have been a religious Mobil user for years and even Mobil Delvac in my 2012 Ram Cummins. I have slowly switched my fleet to Super Tech because of the information on this site, thank you for that, my wallet appreciates it! Anyway, I noticed the other day that Mystik JT8 15W40 semi synthetic is on sale at the local Farm & Fleet store for $59.99 and Mystik is offering a $20 rebate. This seems like a great deal at $6.67/gallon! Does anyone else use Mystik JT8 15W40? If so any experiences to share? I've searched on line and haven't found too much about it really. Here is the Farm & Fleet special.

Thanks in advance!
I would use it at that price. Only Mystic I saw at Rural King is their 15w50 oil. Using their grease also; it works well

Never used the engine oil but many farmers around here have. I used Rotella in our equipment before I started using Schaeffer. I have used a lot of their grease though and would use it again without hesitation.

Thanks in advance!
It is a citgo product and had a pretty stout additive package.

If that oil which is a Syn blend, meets your engine specs, you more then likely won't have any problems using it. There's a guy here Alarmguy, that has been using it in his Harley for a few years, and has had no problems with it. Backed up by his UOA'S.,,,

Back