My venture into fabricating something.

I have this Lotus where sometimes I have the rear body off easy access to the engine and other parts in the back. Sometimes I'll take a test drive like that, or sometimes drive around like that just for the hell of it. Anyway, the lack of lights and a proper place for a tag (besides back window) could be a problem with the police. No incidents so far.

Picked up a pair of magnetic mount LED tow lights which have tail lights, brake lights and turn signals. Had to create a temporary license plate mounting system for a horizontal surface. All available commercial plate brackets are made for vertical hard mounting. Decided to fab one up out 1/8" aluminum plate and angle, attached to two magnetic dealer license plate brackets. Added LED tag light and backup light. The wiring will plug and play into the factory harness once I get the correct connector.

This is a bit of work and still want to lighten the plate by taking out material with a hole saw. The cheap drill press I got on Facebook has been a big help.

IMG_4115.JPG

Back