My Trip to Moab, UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Been busy working on the house and life in general, but I wanted to post up some pics to my friends here on BITOG of a recent Off Road trip to Moab, UT. It was about 3 days out (leaving central mASS) 5 days of wheeling, and 3 days back. I only rolled once and didn't break one thing. I did have some repair work on friends rigs though, welding up several u-joint caps to elongated axleshaft ears(using 2 car batteries in series and 6013 rod) and a group of us were able to remove a toasted front ring gear in 17 minutes to get off the trail!

The scenery was absolutely outstanding! I love driving; off road, back roads, highways,...this country has so much to offer! I envy Bill in Utah and those in that area! It was one of the best trips I've ever taken!

Here are some pics for you to enjoy.

DSC05719.jpg

DSC05725.jpg

DSC05765.jpg

DSC05766.jpg

DSC05780.jpg

DSC05783.jpg

DSC05785.jpg

DSC05787.jpg

DSC05798.jpg

DSC05799.jpg

Dan Mick from Dan Mick's Jeep tours signed my belly. Dan in one of those guys who's been wheeling since dirt was clean and has a story for every turn of the trail. He's an awesome guy, and meeting him was one of the best parts of this trip. I absolutely recommend him. If you ever head out there, tell him Joe from Mass sent you. He'll probably have some kind of crazy comment about me LOL

Glad to hear and see that you had a SAFE and fun time here.

Its very nice to be able to experience Moab and see how much it has to offer. We go down there for quite a few activities all year round and never get disappointed with our time down there.

Sorry to hear about the rollover but sounds like it was a "normal" one. At least your rig is setup for the trails.

Like the cow bell on the front!
grin2.gif

Hopefully you stayed away from the PoisonHut pizza place in town. Worst service in town...
37.gif

Stay at the Super8? (they seem to be the most popular)

Take care and THANKS for the photos!

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Glad to hear and see that you had a SAFE and fun time here.

Its very nice to be able to experience Moab and see how much it has to offer. We go down there for quite a few activities all year round and never get disappointed with our time down there.

Sorry to hear about the rollover but sounds like it was a "normal" one. At least your rig is setup for the trails.

Like the cow bell on the front!
grin2.gif

Hopefully you stayed away from the PoisonHut pizza place in town. Worst service in town...
37.gif

Stay at the Super8? (they seem to be the most popular)

Take care and THANKS for the photos!

Bill

Thanks Bill. We stayed at Moab Valley RV Resort. A friend and I split a cabin. It was a nice place and had plenty of room for my truck, Jeep, and trailer.

We hit the local grocery store for most meals, but did have a chance to eat at Moab Brewery and Pasta Jay's. After a 12-14 hour day on the trail, ANYthing we ate was good food!

We're already planning our return trip for 2011. We're going to move the date up into August so everyone's kids aren't in school. Hopefully we'll have our new motorhome or maybe a 6.7L SuperDuty by then. We'd like to stay a little longer too and do some rafting, biking, and hiking. I pray that your beautiful state isn't turned into "wilderness" by then. I already received a response letter from my rep who "respectfully disagrees" with me.
Hopefully, all recreational types will continue to enjoy it.

Happy Trails.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Thanks Bill. We stayed at Moab Valley RV Resort. A friend and I split a cabin. It was a nice place and had plenty of room for my truck, Jeep, and trailer.

We hit the local grocery store for most meals, but did have a chance to eat at Moab Brewery and Pasta Jay's. After a 12-14 hour day on the trail, ANYthing we ate was good food!

We're already planning our return trip for 2011. We're going to move the date up into August so everyone's kids aren't in school. Hopefully we'll have our new motorhome or maybe a 6.7L SuperDuty by then. We'd like to stay a little longer too and do some rafting, biking, and hiking. I pray that your beautiful state isn't turned into "wilderness" by then. I already received a response letter from my rep who "respectfully disagrees" with me.
Hopefully, all recreational types will continue to enjoy it.

Happy Trails.

That brings back memories. I rented a cabin for a week there too. It was about 10 years ago now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back