My ShinyER Sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to this forum and the Car Wax / Detail section, I've learned some neat tricks to improve the looks of my car. It's the shiniest it's been in the 2 years I've owned it. That Kit Brand Scratch Out really did the finish some good.
01.gif

SentraShiny.jpg

Picture024-USM.jpg

This is what I'm going to put in it this November or December :

Pennzoil.jpg

Thanks.
thankyou2.gif

All I did was apply Scratch Out and then a new coat of Turtle Wax. I may take a TW Clay Bar to it in the Spring, and then polish it, then coat it with TW or TW Ice wax, however it shines pretty well just the way is.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny

I especially like that last picture.
grin2.gif

Thanks.

I guess I'm a Pennzoil man now. Have been mostly a Castrol GTX man for the last 20 years. I got 5 quarts of PP for $5, and am getting another 5, so will have 10 qts for $10. At that price I can't resist, and I'm sure it's very good oil. :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I can't believe how much your sentra looks like my old white '98 Altima GXE. Looks nice
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. It's a good little car. I don't think it's as handsome as some older Sentras were, like my 1980 Datsun 210 or the late 80s to early 90s Sentra but I still like it. I think mine looks better than the brand new boxy looking Sentra / Versa. I suppose they're probably a very good car though.

This is a 1993 Sentra :

1994.nissan.sentra.8193-E.jpg

I used to work for a man that had a nice Nissan Stanza that was a real nice car, a little bigger than a Sentra.

The Altima replaced that somewhere around 1993, I think.

Yeah, mine's only an XE. I have to do without a fold down split rear seat, power windows, and intermittent windshield wipers. I have to eat more just to compensate for having to do these things manually.
36.gif

I use RainX so I can kind of do w/o wipers. I prefer manual windows b/c they are much less prone to failure.

I never really wanted an Altima - too big for what I need in a car, like the Accord and Camry.

Sentras are amazing machines believe it or not.. I think Nissan got it right.

My dad's b13 sentra has been modified to rev to over 8000rpm, it has a straight pipe, timing INSANELY advanced, & what not.
This car has 300,000 kilometers (he owned it since new), it has been jumped (literally) duke of hazard's style twice, every year it goes through a dozen 8 hour trips through the south american andes mountains.. revving the [censored] out of it, gets drifted, off-roaded, mudded with the big boys, driven through salt water, it has been abused like you would not imagine. Heck.. it was supposebly totalled TWICE, but we shelled out the money to repair this trusty happy car, and it still starts everyday happy to do it again and looks amazing for a B13:

Nissan008-1.jpg

Nissan009-1.jpg

I have a 2004 SE-R Spec-V.. amazing car as well. But before this I had a 2002 GXE (same engine as yours).. and it went through 150k miles of abuse before I sold it. It still had perfect compression, vaccum, everything was in excellent condition and ready to keep going. But I had to make room for the Spec-V:

S30102783.jpg

S30102773.jpg

My old GXE before I sold it for over KBB:
S30102752.jpg
\

I'm a subaru guy, but sentras will always have a place in my garage and their right to my wallet. I have got FOUR of my friends hooked on modifiying Sentras and they all love it and even if they move to a different car, they still come back to either a subaru or a sentra.. HAHA!

Nice looking cars, all of them. You know a good car when you see one! I almost made the mistake of selling my Sentra a while back. I guess I was feeling bored and may have felt that a different car would be interesting.
31.gif
Soon after I made it shine like it never did before, and now I plan to keep it.

I was lucky with it and got a decent car.

I spoke to a Nissan parts mgr a while back. He says only a small % of Sentras ever get head gasket problems. I'd be very surprised if mine ever gets the problem.

It's good to hear from Sentra lovers out there.

Can anyone tell me why my pics are smaller now? When I posted them they showed up as 800x600 or so, which pretty much filled up my 17 monitor screen. Now they seem smaller than 640x480.

Did the site change it's rules or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back