My new(to me) Car: '03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool car Panthermike. I bought one of these brand new in 03 and just sold it last year. Mine was torch red. These are just cool cars and a blast to drive. Never had a minutes trouble out of mine. These cars were underrated hp and torque wise from the factory. This was shortly after the 99 cobra debacle and Ford was not going to make this mistake again. The 03/04 cobras were a lot faster but the Mach just screams cool to me. I just feel in love the first time I ever saw one and had to have one even if that meant robbing a bank. Have fun and be careful!

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Thanks for the comments guys. SevenBizzos, I've thought about changing gears, but the 3.55's seem to be a good balance so far.

I thought the 3.55 gears would be too high but after I drove mine for a while I found them to be almost perfect for me. A lot of guys go to 4.10 or 4.30's that are into drag racing ect...

By the way Zinc Yellow was for 03 only and that changed to screaming yellow in 04. I am full of all sorts of useless facts about these cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nomochevys
Cool car Panthermike. I bought one of these brand new in 03 and just sold it last year. Mine was torch red. These are just cool cars and a blast to drive. Never had a minutes trouble out of mine. These cars were underrated hp and torque wise from the factory. This was shortly after the 99 cobra debacle and Ford was not going to make this mistake again. The 03/04 cobras were a lot faster but the Mach just screams cool to me. I just feel in love the first time I ever saw one and had to have one even if that meant robbing a bank. Have fun and be careful!

Thanks a lot nomochevys! I absolutely love the Mach 1 cars as well. I do prefer the Cobra's by a tiny bit, mainly because of the supercharger though. But this Mach with its mods is plenty fast for me
grin2.gif

What do you own now if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks a lot nomochevys! I absolutely love the Mach 1 cars as well. I do prefer the Cobra's by a tiny bit, mainly because of the supercharger though. But this Mach with its mods is plenty fast for me
grin2.gif

2006 Mustang GT and a 96 Gmc Sonoma pickup truck. I can tell you for a fact the Gt I have now is not as fast as the Mach. Its a better car overall in many ways but doesnt have as much stuff in its britches.

grin2.gif

2006 Mustang GT and a 96 Gmc Sonoma pickup truck. I can tell you for a fact the Gt I have now is not as fast as the Mach. Its a better car overall in many ways but doesnt have as much stuff in its britches.

I like the S197's a lot as well. My brother had one and it was a very good car for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back