My new car has arrived!

Man that old F-150 sure looks out of place! 😂
:ROFLMAO: Maybe he’ll plug in with this:
B3D5F4A6-FB6D-4A1A-8F2B-453918FE2A05.jpeg

Man that old F-150 sure looks out of place! 😂
I think it's a 92-94 F-250, probably with the IDI 7.3 diesel (pre Powerstroke) since it has some kind of tank in the bed. Maybe on some veggie diesel.

Great looking car Nick, I love the color.

Last edited:
I too am wowed by the wheel beneath the aero cover. Congrats on the new car. I’ll repeat a question from above, how’s the fit and finish, how’s the ergo inside?

You didn't get the pano roof, did you? Heard they like to become optional equipment at random while cruising down the highway...

Kidding. Well, kind of. That actually did happen. As torn as I am on TSLA as a company, as well as Musk as an individual, I must admit that what he's done with regards to shaking up the automotive industry is nothing short of a modern day miracle. Just think: over the decades, how many starry eyed individuals have attempted to start a car company from scratch? Dozens. How many of those became failures? Many, if not most. Musk's accomplishments to date are nothing short of game changing, referring purely to the automotive branch of his many endeavors. Tesla could go bankrupt TOMORROW yet Musk would be remembered as one of the most influential automotive visionaries in recent memory with regard to the industry he (and many before him) went up against. He has an undeniable John DeLorean vibe about him, and it's fantastic.

Love the car, and I will say I'm mostly jealous of your free charging at work. I have to charge my Volt at home the majority of the time. I'd love to talk my boss into installing an accessible 240v socket somewhere on our property, just for me.

My son has an XT5 with the big sunroof - some thugs got his from an overpass …
Wife and I got over those things a few years back -
Jeep does have a Freedom top, but that’s pretty much for off-road use …

I too am wowed by the wheel beneath the aero cover. Congrats on the new car. I’ll repeat a question from above, how’s the fit and finish, how’s the ergo inside?
So far I think it seems really well sorted. Today I got one rattle for about 5 seconds on the freeway, then went away.

I'm fairly tall at 6'2" and not a thin guy, the door opening is a little small, I just sit down before I get in. Once in plenty of room. Nice and comfy. My Genesis was a little comfier but it was also a much bigger car, so different comparisons.

I think I need a 3rd party to help give opinions, one day I should meet up with @dishdude and have him take it for a spin and give his commentary.

You didn't get the pano roof, did you? Heard they like to become optional equipment at random while cruising down the highway...

Kidding. Well, kind of. That actually did happen. As torn as I am on TSLA as a company, as well as Musk as an individual, I must admit that what he's done with regards to shaking up the automotive industry is nothing short of a modern day miracle. Just think: over the decades, how many starry eyed individuals have attempted to start a car company from scratch? Dozens. How many of those became failures? Many, if not most. Musk's accomplishments to date are nothing short of game changing, referring purely to the automotive branch of his many endeavors. Tesla could go bankrupt TOMORROW yet Musk would be remembered as one of the most influential automotive visionaries in recent memory with regard to the industry he (and many before him) went up against. He has an undeniable John DeLorean vibe about him, and it's fantastic.

Love the car, and I will say I'm mostly jealous of your free charging at work. I have to charge my Volt at home the majority of the time. I'd love to talk my boss into installing an accessible 240v socket somewhere on our property, just for me.
All the 3's have a pano roof, it just doesn't open.

So far I think it seems really well sorted. Today I got one rattle for about 5 seconds on the freeway, then went away.

I'm fairly tall at 6'2" and not a thin guy, the door opening is a little small, I just sit down before I get in. Once in plenty of room. Nice and comfy. My Genesis was a little comfier but it was also a much bigger car, so different comparisons.

I think I need a 3rd party to help give opinions, one day I should meet up with @dishdude and have him take it for a spin and give his commentary.

I think we're both less than a mile from the Tesla supercharger at the Biltmore Mall. Lmk when you want to grab a burger at the Capital Grille while your new ride charges up! I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
Musk's accomplishments to date are nothing short of game changing, referring purely to the automotive branch of his many endeavors. Tesla could go bankrupt TOMORROW yet Musk would be remembered as one of the most influential automotive visionaries in recent memory with regard to the industry he (and many before him) went up against. He has an undeniable John DeLorean vibe about him, and it's fantastic.
Yup, DeLorean made the GTO; he is credited with starting the muscle car era.
Of course I am not too worried about Tesla going belly up; from a market cap perspective the company is bigger than the next 6 car companies combined.
But yes, Musk and Tesla have changed the world. And then there are his other companies...

Last edited:
If I need to charge faster than a trickle, I have to park it on the lawn to reach my extension cord for the 220 outlet. Next door neighbor (mechanic) texted me, he loves it (he isn’t being sarcastic) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

7C218292-0F70-4CBA-B373-7C1E85D3E262.jpg

So my charger in the direct sunlight at 110 degrees outside was overheating, so the car was reduced from 24A to 12A the other day. Made my own shade for it out of some art board and glued some magnets to it.
92630A8F-5F91-4FC9-A9F2-E691B56280F8.jpeg

62E8824C-0C53-42E3-A22C-7C7DF5D1056B.jpeg

You forgot:

Teslas are only niche cars for rich California granola heads.
Tesla is going belly up any day now, right? Short that overpriced TSLA!
Wait till the big boys get here!
Tesla is a ponzi scheme
Tesla loses money on each car it sells.
Elon is whack. EVs are stupid.

And yes, as you say, all Teslas will spontaneously ignite given enough time.
Especially on AP...

Just kidding; all good.
You forgot: they are Commie Chinese Conspiracy!

Looks great!

In case you missed my question earlier in the thread, how are you finding the build quality and fit and finish?
I am still assessing, I will write up a review of the car soon-ish once I get some more miles on it.

I have one minor rattle in the left rear door panel so far, but other than that everything seems tight and fitting pretty well.

Looks great!

In case you missed my question earlier in the thread, how are you finding the build quality and fit and finish?
I have the identical car. I've had mine for about 6 weeks. Build quality has been just fine.

To be really nit-picky, the passenger side (extra cost) floor mat isn't a perfect fit. It wrinkles slightly in a couple of places. You can only see the wrinkles when you're down on your hands and knees putting it in.

And it really should come with a spare tire. Or Tesla should (at least) offer one.

That's it so far. It's a terrific car.

Back