My Napa is slamming Fram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased some NAPA pro-select oil filter here in Ottawa Canada ($4.99)...I noticed that the anti-drain back valve on it seems to be identical to the NAPA gold sold in the USA - Are we getting better deal here ?

I purchased some NAPA pro-select oil filter here in Ottawa Canada ($4.99)...I noticed that the anti-drain back valve on it seems to be identical to the NAPA gold sold in the USA - Are we getting better deal here ?

quote:

are we talking American dollars or Canadian dollars. if its Canadian dollars then your paying more than we are in the US.

I thought everyone bashed fram
crushedcar.gif
I used to use the orange can until I see for the same price. I could get a better built filter for the same price, a lil less or a lil more. fram biggest thing is advertising they hold the corner of the market on that.

I always like napa old school dirty look over AA or AZ. I remember I tried to get a job at AZ and was told no and I have general auto knowledge. went in a few days later and they had this girl working there. she was as dumb as a brick. I asked the manager guess you needed eye candy huh. he looked at me funny. I walked out going I see the death of the auto parts stores. I feel sorry if anyone asks them a question on their vehicle.

[/QUOTE] You may have got 300k with a purolator who knows.

Both cars were still running at their..time of death. Neither one was from engine failure! Besides...after 13 years of driving the same car, I dont think I would want another 100k. It sure was nice to drive something different!

acmectec2001, I don't think you are getting the point. Why pay the price for a Fram when you can pay less for one that is just as good or even better? Why pay more when you don't need to?

Yeah, really acmectec...with a Fram you're kinda getting butt-poled because they're charging 4-6 for a $2 filter.

see us napa guys actually work on cars so we know whats goin on under the hood..plus they train the sh*t out of us..just my .02

Been a professional auto tech over 30yrs. NOT a hoby, pastime, or passion. Just how I make a living. You can usually expect to find better parts and more knowledgeable counter people at NAPA, you can also generally expect to pay more also. There have allways been as many duffers behind the counter as there are enthusiasts and gearheads at any parts store.(For what they pay, you gotta be either an auto nut or too lazy to get a real job!) If you deal with the same store very long you'll usually find one person who is reasonably knowledgable and willing to help. When you do find this "special someone" try real hard not to act like you know more than they do,,after all they earn their living dealing with the duffers on our side of the counter!!

Yes, the cut open displays have been around as long as I've been twisting wrenches. Evidently don't mean much to many people, since Fram is still in business! Doesn't matter what you compare them to, they are still gonna be at the bottom of the pile! Can you tell my only filter catastrophe was in a orange can?

acmectec2001,

It's not that Fram's gonna void your warranty or make you sterile,,,it's just that there's better for less. MUCH better for a little more.

Bob

reason why i like napa over advance, may pay a tad but more sometimes, but service is alot better.

I will also give a MAJOR KUDOS to Federated Parts guys.

The one I do business is kind and sells me the stuff at dealer/cash wholesale prices.

The Federated Filters are marked "Made by Hastings."

Hastings & Baldwin are very well regarded here.

NAPA guys seem to know their stuff. I went in one
day looking for a filter for my old 1951 tractor,
not expecting them to have it in stock. I told the
guy the model of the tractor and he said, "Yep,
thats a..." and he rattled off the number for the
filter! And yes, they had the WIX in stock!

I went Walt Mart the other day, I looked at some of the Fram filters and one of them had a black piece of circular rubber loose inside it. it did not look right...I hope people check their filters before installing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back