My Hot Sauce Order Arrived Today

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I've been enjoying Marie Sharp's sauces since the mid-1980s when it was called Melinda's.

Hot Sauce.jpg

I wonder what's behind the name change. Bernard from our office came back from holiday as Bernice a few years ago. Let us know how you like those sauces.
Back in the late 80s, early 90s, Marie hired a company to do marketing and distribution here in the States. Long story very short, they stole Melinda's name from Marie Sharp. Marie was not well-represented nor experienced in shyster US business practices ... <sigh>

That said, she's still making her sauces the old-fashioned way, has expanded her line, and seems to have recovered from her setback and doing well. She was recently inducted into the Hot Sauce Hall of Fame and received their distinctive Red Jacket and Hall of Fame ring.

Some of the sauces were purchased to supplement my waning supply, but there are some in the order that are new to me. I'm probably most interested in the Caribbean BBQ sauce, although the Mango-habanero sounds remarkably good and I can't wait to try that one as well.

Try out Iguana Mean Green Jalapeno Sauce if you haven't. Hard to find locally but it is sure good.

Most aficiandos of hot sauce will laugh because it is on the mild side, but Frank's is my go to hot sauce. Except I buy the Aldi store brand which tastes the same at less than half price.

Last week, my wife brought home chicken pot pies from a local butcher. These things are awesome. I also love eating them with Char Man Verde hot sauce. I went looking in the cabinet and had none. What I did have was a bunch of goofy ultra hot sauces that people keep bringing me every time they go somewhere. I threw away about twenty five bottles that I knew I would never eat and ordered my favorites. Char Man Verde, Fankie V's Spooky White and Crystal. I'm good to go.
I wound up putting Cholula in my chicken pot pie that night.

Back in the late 80s, early 90s, Marie hired a company to do marketing and distribution here in the States. Long story very short, they stole Melinda's name from Marie Sharp. Marie was not well-represented nor experienced in shyster US business practices ... <sigh>

That said, she's still making her sauces the old-fashioned way, has expanded her line, and seems to have recovered from her setback and doing well. She was recently inducted into the Hot Sauce Hall of Fame and received their distinctive Red Jacket and Hall of Fame ring.

Some of the sauces were purchased to supplement my waning supply, but there are some in the order that are new to me. I'm probably most interested in the Caribbean BBQ sauce, although the Mango-habanero sounds remarkably good and I can't wait to try that one as well.

Back