My Honda Goldwing analysis

Honda Goldwing Valkyrie 2014.
Mileage 4200 km, engine still running.
Used AMS 10W30 4T oil mileage on oil in this analysis 1500 km
I am asking for opinions, I wonder where this copper is high.

Attachments

• Valkyrie1.pdf
    650.1 KB · Views: 155
From a quick look at other Goldwing UOA's, they tend to have elevated copper until the bike accumulates more mile on it.
With only 4200 kilometres on your bike, I think your copper will go down. I wouldn't worry about it.

OK, thank you very much. Can't find UOA on Goldwing, only found one with such low mileage.

I agree, with 2600 US miles I think copper will go down with each oil change. To me, that number isnt horrible from what I have seen posted over the years on some low mileage bikes but I do not know much about the GW. Still, doesnt seem serious or concern to me at all.

This is one of those situations that Blackstone Universal averages would be useful.

Key question is: What is copper (source):

^^^ or transmission or clutch. I think its a non issue, not that high for a new engine and he has no one of the same engine to compare with.
That's a great point, I'd forgotten that in motorcycles the oil lubricates both the engine and the tranission.

Are there any copper components in the gearbox or clutch on the Honda Goldwing ?

That is the question...

WHAT is copper? What is an alloy of copper and another metal?

I'm not suggesting it is a problem, merely that in order to start answering the question of where it came from, one must first determine what is made of Copper...

copper is present in organic & ceramic clutch discs.
possible Honda has it in the friction discs on the Goldwing transmission.

Back