My Honda 750 project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbs are done

IMG_0008_zpssy1jhb6w.jpg

IMG_0009_zpswv853dzu.jpg

She's back on her wheels now. The aluminum Manx tank from India (covered in yellow masking tape) is requiring a lot of rework to get it to fit. Plan is to be riding Spring 2017.

IMG_0218_zpsi4puhohv.jpg

IMG_0219_zpsxqmr2zux.jpg

IMG_0220_zps2vujy9fc.jpg

IMG_0222_zpscy5aftdg.jpg

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Lookin good. Is that a custom exhaust you got there?.,,,

Yes it is, From Cycle-X, in Hazelhurst, Wisconsin. They also did the machine work on the engine (head and bore work)

Originally Posted By: JetStar
Until I have some more pictures to share on the Honda, here is my last classic bike project. 1978 Suzuki GS1000, 1085 kit, minor head work, Mikuni Flatslide carbs, welded crankshaft, Dyna electronic ignition.

DSC01617.jpg

Lovely Zook you've got!
smile.gif

Looking forward to seeing the finished Honda...

Last edited:
After a little bit of difficultly I now have the oil pump primed, and have oil pressure. 60 PSI on the starter with the plugs out. A little bit of temporary wiring and I'll be ready to fire it up this weekend. Rotella 15W-40 of course

IMG_0253_zpsr7ww32kb.jpg

Last edited:
Cool project! ... back when bikes were pretty basic and simple. The new bikes of today are pure electronic in nature ... much harder to work on for sure.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Cool project! ... back when bikes were pretty basic and simple. The new bikes of today are pure electronic in nature ... much harder to work on for sure.

One thing that just baffles me about this design, is that you cannot take the cam cover off with the engine in the bike. A few companies make kits to make the frame above the cover removable. So naturally I'm nervous about having any leaks!

Originally Posted By: Atesz792
Sounds nice!
Great project, keep on posting please
smile.gif

+1

Great project. Excellent work. Suzuki came out great too
smile.gif

When you get this one all done and have ridden it for a while, you'll have to try you hand a water buffalo
laugh.gif

1st ride, ran pretty good for rough setting the carbs, #3 is intermittently leaking a little gas out of the drain tube, so they need to come back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back