My first odd credit card delay....and

So hit a Shell station in kind of a rush this AM - I had about a 1/4 tank but some driving ahead of me. Fill 'er up.........with Top Tier

Throw the Costco Card Visa in, remove, start filling, machine stops dead at $55.00. Wah? Why $55??

So I 'ave a go again with 89, fills tank rest of the way $30.00 on the nose. I like mixing fuels. The $30 is odd though.

Drive off to Home Depot first. Check phone. No notifications of purchase. Hmm...it happens, I mean it never has happened to me but stuff happens.

Buy stuff at HD on Fido Visa. Notified. Not really related but can't get through to a couple sites for an odd reason, but carry on. Says site is "weapons" related, blocked. Huh?

Later in the day, wife on her way home stops for gas at the Burlington Costco and I get notified of that.

I go on the Citibank site just now, only her purchase is there. Not mine. A little suspicious now. Will see tomorrow.

Discover is odd that way. I'll pay 4 bills and buy some gas and look at it online, 3 of the bills say Blah Blah Phone and Blah Blah Power and Blah Blah Insurance and one will say happydeealz and sit at a hundred even if I paid 149$ until 3 days later and there will be another charge for deloissiaiiiiiia (it's literally made up letters that don't resemble an actual word you can find in a dictionary) for $125 and it'll end up being the 60 bucks in gas I put in. It all works out in the end, but Discover is certainly an odd duck. Amex doesn't do it, Cap1 Visa doesn't do it, my credit union visa CC doesn't do it, nor do my HSA/FSA cards do it.

So hit a Shell station in kind of a rush this AM - I had about a 1/4 tank but some driving ahead of me. Fill 'er up.........with Top Tier

Throw the Costco Card Visa in, remove, start filling, machine stops dead at $55.00. Wah? Why $55??

So I 'ave a go again with 89, fills tank rest of the way $30.00 on the nose. I like mixing fuels. The $30 is odd though.

Drive off to Home Depot first. Check phone. No notifications of purchase. Hmm...it happens, I mean it never has happened to me but stuff happens.

Buy stuff at HD on Fido Visa. Notified. Not really related but can't get through to a couple sites for an odd reason, but carry on. Says site is "weapons" related, blocked. Huh?

Later in the day, wife on her way home stops for gas at the Burlington Costco and I get notified of that.

I go on the Citibank site just now, only her purchase is there. Not mine. A little suspicious now. Will see tomorrow.
I would be dumping the Fido Visa if they have a problem with weapons.

My primary card is the Costco Visa. I track all my fill-ups with the Fuelly app and a few times I forgot to put the gallons in and I’ve already pulled away but still in the parking lot. I check the Citi app and the total is already there every time.

I would be dumping the Fido Visa if they have a problem with weapons.
That's not what I was writing.

My phone (cell connection) wouldn't let me get to a couple firearm websites right after this, it was very odd. Like safari went into parent mode.....I drove on, 10 minutes later all was well.

My primary card is the Costco Visa. I track all my fill-ups with the Fuelly app and a few times I forgot to put the gallons in and I’ve already pulled away but still in the parking lot. I check the Citi app and the total is already there every time.

Anyway just checked on line - nope the charge is still not showing. Very weird!

A few weeks ago, randomly, my GS Apple Card started denying purchases Inwas making in person, using Face ID.

I called them and it cleared up.

Not really sure. I have used it overseas and thousands of miles away from home no issue.

A few weeks ago, randomly, my GS Apple Card started denying purchases Inwas making in person, using Face ID.

I called them and it cleared up.

Not really sure. I have used it overseas and thousands of miles away from home no issue.
I wasn't denied.

I don't understand the $55 limit. I have filled my tank plenty of times (well over $55) there, albeit with my Fido VISA.

As of 4AM 4/24/2024 this transaction never happened. It's not showing online, pending or otherwise.

Costco visa you say.. I had sorta a weird one with Loves this weekend. Typically I thought Loves was $150 but the pump stopped at $100. But I had two authorization pop ups for $100 and $150. Their credit card is a pain at time and we have to use Walmarts.

I wasn't denied.

I don't understand the $55 limit. I have filled my tank plenty of times (well over $55) there, albeit with my Fido VISA.

As of 4AM 4/24/2024 this transaction never happened. It's not showing online, pending or otherwise.
Yeah, I get that, point was that oddities were happening to me recently as well. And with a payment that verified me through the Face ID system no less.

The fuel pump may have been offline and it might be the default strategy to dispense a certain dollar amount of fuel so that people wouldn't be stranded and business can continue as usual while limiting loss if someones card gets declined later when the pump goes online again and the transactions are settled.

You said:

"Buy stuff at HD on Fido Visa. Notified. Not really related but can't get through to a couple sites for an odd reason, but carry on. Says site is "weapons" related, blocked. Huh?"

I interpreted that to mean your c/c company was blocking a weapons purchase. This is actually not uncommon as some card issuers (ex Bank of America and Discover) were on the news that they wanted to ban firearm sales purchases on their credit cards. My bad.

That's not what I was writing.

My phone (cell connection) wouldn't let me get to a couple firearm websites right after this, it was very odd. Like safari went into parent mode.....I drove on, 10 minutes later all was well.

Anyway just checked on line - nope the charge is still not showing. Very weird!
Reading your post I interpreted it that way - my bad

Reading your post I interpreted it that way - my bad
No worries. My writing was unclear. Unknown if the two are connected but it is ODD.

Apparently some cell companies will sponge wifi of have their own wifi in some locations. I mean, I am not 100% sure of this, but if so. WOW not secure, nor friendly. Was a tower off line? Maybe explains why station was screwy.

Still have not been charged for transaction.

We use the Walmart app to pay for gas at Exxon/Mobil stations, save 10¢/gal. The other day I paid thru the app and it stopped at $0.10 and would not go further. So I backed up to the other pump and filled my tank ~$80ish. The guy from the store comes out and says my card was no good and got declined. I explained that no I had paid thru the app and same app worked. He shook his head and walked away 🤷

Back