My experiences with Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine runs smooth but I've noticed that my truck seems to kick-down more than it did with other oils. I changed the air filter and checked the tire pressures and everything seems fine.The mileage seems to be about the same. Anyone else had any weird experiences with any oils? Maybe I'm getting sub-par gasoline also.

Oh Vey! First M1 is sonically destroying engines, now PP is messin' up trannys.
wink.gif

I had a flat tire once after changing to Quaker State. I can tell you, I'll never use that oil again! I've heard that in the 1970's there were lots of flat tires on cars with Quaker State in the crankcase. I even heard that there was a class action lawsuit against them, but the big oil companies were able to cover it up.
grin.gif

Wouldn't the oil, if it was a lot thicker, put more drag on the engine and cause more frequent tranny kick-down because you would have your foot more into the pedal all the time. But hey, wait a minute, PP is not thicker!

quote:

Originally posted by KJA426:
The engine runs smooth but I've noticed that my truck seems to kick-down more than it did with other oils. I changed the air filter and checked the tire pressures and everything seems fine.The mileage seems to be about the same. Anyone else had any weird experiences with any oils? Maybe I'm getting sub-par gasoline also.

Avoid front & rear defrosters when you are using both front & rear windshield wipers....
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif

Here is a serious answer. Some trannys "learn" when to shift based on your driving style. Have you been driving more agressively lately. Pulling heavy loads? This will make your tranny downshift easier.

kja426:

Don't take the razzing and joking seriously...they don't mean anything personal by it; I also took the joking the wrong way when I first started posting here; some posters here are wired a bit differently, but they do their best;

seriously, I've had this happen from time to time when I was running heavy on the accessories (ac, defrosters, etc);

the ac will draw power from the motor since the compressor runs off the belts and the defrosters, wipers, etc suck amperage from the battery and these newer cars are electronically controlled, including the transmissions;

the shifting points may be compensating from trying to adjust to the loads on the engine and electrical systems;

if you are not experiencing the phenomenon when running accessories, your plugs may be fouled, your injectors may be fouled, or it could be bad gas

quote:

Originally posted by kmrcstintn:
some posters here are wired a bit differently, but they do their best;

Hey, I make sure I'm never wired when I post on here.
 -

It's all in the mind I tell ya.... What oil did you switch out from?

I last used Castrol GTX High Mileage 10w-30. I've used Mobil 1 many times also. I installed new plugs last week so I'm guessing it's just bad gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back