My catalytic converter was stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started my 02 Accord this morning and heard a LOUD rumbling noise. I thought the exhaust holes that I had welded up a couple of years back had busted open. Was running late for work and didn't have time to investigate until later on in the day. Imagine my surprise when I popped my head under the car to find this:

PXL_20220620_223425964 - Copy.jpg

I had heard about cats getting jacked but never expected it to happen to me. It sucks because this was the original factory California-spec super ultra low emission cat. I imagine it's going to cost a pretty penny to replace along with the O2 sensor & wiring harness the scumbag snipped off. I filed a police report and the officer said this was the third cat theft she had today. Be careful out there, guys. Times are hard and people are getting desperate.

Scrap yards should require a copy of the seller's license, year/make/model of the car it came off of, and a receipt/proof of purchase for a new converter for that same car. Instead of giving cash, a check would be mailed to the address listed on the license in 2 weeks.

Scrap yards should require a copy of the seller's license, year/make/model of the car it came off of, and a receipt/proof of purchase for a new converter for that same car. Instead of giving cash, a check would be mailed to the address listed on the license in 2 weeks.

I would prohibit the sale of any used cat...treat it like a core charge.

Folks bypassing the profanity filter only gets your post removed, at best. We have faith that adults here possess the vocabulary to make their points without profanity.
Do you have a monthly quota to meet or something? My post, I censored the word “sucks” with “s*cks”, because I don’t like to use that type of language on public forums, even though it’s not a bad word. That’s all. And you go and delete it. 🙄

Last edited:
I started my 02 Accord this morning and heard a LOUD rumbling noise. I thought the exhaust holes that I had welded up a couple of years back had busted open. Was running late for work and didn't have time to investigate until later on in the day. Imagine my surprise when I popped my head under the car to find this:

View attachment 104715

I had heard about cats getting jacked but never expected it to happen to me. It sucks because this was the original factory California-spec super ultra low emission cat. I imagine it's going to cost a pretty penny to replace along with the O2 sensor & wiring harness the scumbag snipped off. I filed a police report and the officer said this was the third cat theft she had today. Be careful out there, guys. Times are hard and people are getting desperate.
That sucks. I can’t say what I wish would happen to the “people” that do this sort of thing 😡. Do you know if your insurance will cover the repair?

Is that better?

With the supply chains all jacked up it may be difficult or impossible to replace it at any price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back