My Campy Record equipped Saso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello:

A few pictures of my 1994 fillet brazed, steel tubed Saso; equipped with Campy Record 10 speed. The tubeset is a combination of Tange Prestige and Tange Ultimate. Prestige was the road bike set, Ultimate the mountain bike set. The Ultimate tubes were larger in diameter than the Prestige tubes. Ultimate tubes were used on the top and down tubes to increase frame stiffness.

But check out the flawless fillets! The bottom bracket area is so perfect it looks like a giant piece of injection molded plastic. Imagine all the painstaking filing that was done in that area!

Also too, that is original paint; Dupont color 4992 (IIRC). This is custom frame built by Dale Saso of San Jose, California. I doubt there are more than several hundred of his frames in existence. He was a very small volume builder and would only build frames for you if he got a good vibe from you. Whew! Lucky me!

Anyway, this magnificent machine has earned me three California Triple Crowns as well as a 3,000 mile transcontinental crossing of the US with PAC Tour....in just 23 days (with over 90,000 feet of climbing to add to the fun)! I've also ridden the Saso in over 100 "centuries".

The frame has over 30,000 miles on it. It's had several different "gruppos", forks, and wheelsets over its lifetime. I constantly keep all my bikes "current" and mechanically perfect. Frame or component failure on a bike absolutely cannot happen.

This bike is a true warrior. I swear it possesses some kind of competitive spirit. I love this bike.

Scott

I dont know jack about bikes but I can respect someone who rides as much as you do. I doubt id make it 10 miles before collapsing.

My uncle rode his bike, along with 50+- ppl from san diego to st simoms island ga (where I live) for some cause. Thats a he'll of a feat.

Your bike does look brand new aswell, love the red

Yes, yet another work of art in your stable!
thumbsup2.gif

I am glad to hear about other Campy and Speedplay fans being out there at a time when it seems that ALL of the rest of the cycling world is stuck ONLY on Dura Ace and Look.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back