My 27 year old Saso

Hello:

My custom frame Saso at 27 years old and 35,000 miles.

I had the frame designed and built by Dale Saso in 1994. I'm 6'5" and off the shelf frames do not fit me. The frame is 65cm c-t-c with a longer than usual top tube and head tube. Tubes are a combination of Tange Prestige and Tange Ultimate. Frame is fillet brazed. You can see the quality of Dale's work was outstanding. The paint on frame is original! Dupont #4992.

I built up the bike myself, originally with Shimano Dura-Ace 8-speed and down tube shifters. It's got Campagnolo 10-speed Record on it now, which I put on about 10 years ago. Like my cars I keep it in flawless condition.

This bike has earned me three California Triple Crowns and I rode it on a 1,000 mile per week crossing of the continental United States with a group called PAC Tour. Just under 3,000 miles in 23 days, along with 30K feet of climbing per week. Serious stuff.

Anyway, I was out for a nice morning ride today and decided to give it a little spa treatment when I got home. Remember, original paint, 27 years old, 35K miles.

I swear this bike has a warrior spirit.

Scott

Saso 1.jpeg
Saso 2.jpeg
Saso 3.jpeg
Saso 4.jpeg
Saso 5.jpeg
Saso 6.jpeg
Saso 7.jpeg
Saso 8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back