My Buddy and I were emailing / No Fly List

He was saying that if a person got put on the no fly list, it's darned near impossible to ever be removed. Why act in such a manner that it could happen? Over disembarking, etc.

So I said, if I were ever permanently banned from Costco, the store, the food court, the tire shop, gas, I would be devastated. And I'm not even joking.

We had a good laugh :ROFLMAO:

Whaaaa...?
The context was we were talking about that recent video that went viral where on Spirit Air a guy steps over a guy in the middle seat and the two start going back and forth don’t touch me m***** f****** …it was escalating and buddy was saying that’s not worth it if you get on the list

On another note: I know a guy with a common name. Let's say it's "John Smith". Some person or someone using JS as an alias, got on this list and every time my pal flies he has to go through scrutinization.

He was saying that if a person got put on the no fly list, it's darned near impossible to ever be removed. Why act in such a manner that it could happen? Over disembarking, etc.

So I said, if I were ever permanently banned from Costco, the store, the food court, the tire shop, gas, I would be devastated. And I'm not even joking.

We had a good laugh :ROFLMAO:
Not everyone on the “no fly list” was placed there for bad behavior. Many people have, unfortunately, been placed on it for the crime of having the same name as a suspected terrorist.

Worse, honestly, is that people who act badly are not placed on it. I have had frequent flyers (100,000+ mile/year) act badly, and yet they still keep flying.

On another note: I know a guy with a common name. Let's say it's "John Smith". Some person or someone using JS as an alias, got on this list and every time my pal flies he has to go through scrutinization.
Know one too - he carries a folder of documents and allows at least 4 hours for connections …

What IS the road to get OFF the list? Say you are a straight up gun owning good American who has broken zero laws?
There is no road. This is an administrative construct - not a law, so, like appealing to the IRS, you have to get a bureaucracy to respond. A bureaucracy that has no incentive to respond.

Just wow. I suspected that, but needs Supreme Court.
I agree. The suspension of someone’s ability to travel without due process or oversight is not acceptable.

But the no fly list has endured for 20+ years.

We are not alone, many countries have similar constructs. Canada, for example, has one, but they call it “passenger protect”, so it sounds warm and friendly…

Back