Music player app for Android recommendations

I need MP3 file player app recommendations for Android. But not VLC.

The only requirement I have is to be able to select individual folders to play media from, or be able to make playlists from folders. I don't want an app that will just shuffle every single mp3 on my phone.

I used VLC for YEARS but with the most recent update, it isn't remembering my media folders and I have to re-parse everything every time I open the app.

I also used to use Onkyo HF Player for many years which did what I needed but they updated the I began to have a lot of issues with it freezing entirely and crashing my phone.

Try simple music player. i use it because it's small. light weight. and ad free but it also lets me select individual folders while also respecting my equalizer app and letting it work properly. Other apps wouldn't respect the equalizer and wouldn't apply the tune.

I like Poweramp and have been using it for some time. It does what you want. I liked it enough to get the paid version after using the free version for a few months. I've been using it for at least four years.

USB Audio Player Pro meets all your requirements. And it also can send music out the USB port to become a bit-perfect audio source for an external DAC. It bypasses the Android system which resamples everything. And it also has add-ons with useful DSP functions like parametric EQ and headphone crossfeed. And, it can also play Qobuz if you have a streaming account with them.

I need MP3 file player app recommendations for Android. But not VLC.

The only requirement I have is to be able to select individual folders to play media from, or be able to make playlists from folders. I don't want an app that will just shuffle every single mp3 on my phone.

I used VLC for YEARS but with the most recent update, it isn't remembering my media folders and I have to re-parse everything every time I open the app.

I also used to use Onkyo HF Player for many years which did what I needed but they updated the I began to have a lot of issues with it freezing entirely and crashing my phone.

I've had the same problem recently with VLC.
I found that there is a setting within the app that tells it "not" to search for new files every time I open VLC. It works MUCH better now. I do like VLC too.

I like Poweramp and have been using it for some time. It does what you want. I liked it enough to get the paid version after using the free version for a few months. I've been using it for at least four years.
I'll install that and give it a try, thanks

I've had the same problem recently with VLC.
I found that there is a setting within the app that tells it "not" to search for new files every time I open VLC. It works MUCH better now. I do like VLC too.
I had that option disabled too but every time I opened the app I'd have to re-select and re-parse everything still

I like Poweramp
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Back