Multiple Michigan Swatting Events Today

I graduated in 2001. I remember Columbine on TV. What is going on with today's youth? I never had any worries in High School.

Although a valid question, Im not sure we know youth are to blame for this as of yet. It's Likely.

I did, but partially quoting is more convenient I guess. Or you simply don’t find the Texas example suspect?
I'm simply saying that I'd like to see a few of the sources that have helped you develop your opinions on the matter.

In my elementary school days we had nuclear bomb drills: Get under the desk and put your arms over your head. :unsure: I don't remember having any stress or trauma from that. Today's situation is so much different.
Exactly - when you were in elementary school, did you know what a nuclear bomb was ? I doubt it.... Pretty sure I didn't. We didn't have bomb drills either though. I grew up in the city that the M1 Abrahms tanks are built so it was supposedly high on the Soviet's list of targets plus there's an oil refinery literally across the street from the tank plant. Plus, we were protected by our arms and desks and when it's done, we'll be fine, right ? That's literally what we were being taught. Most kids over 5 know what a gun is and what it can do.

You know, maybe, just maybe, them CCP got that figured out when people dial emergency # to prank, and got those idiots thrown into jail. Of all things in 2023 swatting should have been stopped by now but it wasn't.

Swatting is fake/hoax 911 calls. Today in Michigan about 9 schools were hit this morning with fake active shooter claims. I was working within sight (1/4 mile) of the mid-Michigan Lansing/Okemos one.

It was terrifying and extremely traumatic to witness this. At least 50 police cars from 5 jurisdictions were whizzing in from every direction, as were a couple ambulances, swat-team, and fire trucks. On my scanner I heard "civilian down in the southwest staircase". While standing near the road next to backed up traffic, 2 cars with affected parents rolled down their window and stated "shooting going on". A local surgeon interviewed at a nearby hospital stated he was told "we have shooting victims coming in". While some of the schools seemed to figure out quickly it was a hoax, this one was 100% full response and lock down. https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...afe-after-hoax-911-shooting-call/11202582002/

Man. I know better to think "this only happens elsewhere". My grand kids tell me how they have active shooter drills. I cannot fathom what anxiety this stuff causes for young people and their parents.
View attachment 139356
Perhaps this should be a capital crime.

You know, maybe, just maybe, them CCP got that figured out when people dial emergency # to prank, and got those idiots thrown into jail. Of all things in 2023 swatting should have been stopped by now but it wasn't.

It should be a minimum 1 year in Federal prison to send a message to idiots who want to play silly games.

Last edited:
In my elementary school days we had nuclear bomb drills: Get under the desk and put your arms over your head. :unsure: I don't remember having any stress or trauma from that. Today's situation is so much different.

Some of the other affected schools in Michigan claimed they figured it out as a hoax in minutes and did "soft lock downs". I fear that this might invoke a "cry wolf" type of reaction over the long run.
fire alarm pullers right B4 the class w/big test~

I should be a crime writer, but what if an evil person broke into a home (no one home) with a land line and swatted or something similar?

This whole swatting thing is truly terrible. Do gooders and worse swatting legal gun owners. Wow.

and what? (it's actually when'n where bought). & then what?
Look at the store video tapes to ID face?
Use face recognition to ID?
That's movie or TV stuff and not likely. 'Sides 1 could wear disguise(s).

For 5$ U can geta flip phone (Track phone) & give cash @ purchase time, or use
what's on there'n dump in trash after w/o a trace 2 U. The call can B IDed by
'location from' due to cell or WiFi but not specific caller. These crooks'n bums R
not ignorant, just stoooopid'n cruel~

Funny how nobody talks about steps the police should take in recognizing these false calls. Nope, send in fully geared hitman and terrorize the neighborhood and innocent citizens. The people gotta stay scared, no?
Sure, sit around and investigate first instead of getting the help where it's needed, so that if it is a real call, more people can get hurt.

Not to mention, these calls go to a dispatch center, and then out to the responding agency, dispatch centers don't do investigating, they take the call and dispatch the help. You investigate later by pulling the tapes and call logs, there's no time for that when the call comes in.

If the call isn't from the location of the alleged crime, the police should meet the complainant in person before taking much other action.

Also in case of an actual school shooting, there will be many calls to 911 not just one.

Funny how nobody talks about steps the police should take in recognizing these false calls. Nope, send in fully geared hitman and terrorize the neighborhood and innocent citizens. The people gotta stay scared, no?
Yes, clearly police sit around conspiring to terrorize the people and it could have nothing to do with wanting to act swiftly to stop a mass shooting of children. Some people seem to always have a conspiratorial outlook on everything but most times things are just what they are.

Sure, sit around and investigate first instead of getting the help where it's needed, so that if it is a real call, more people can get hurt.

Not to mention, these calls go to a dispatch center, and then out to the responding agency, dispatch centers don't do investigating, they take the call and dispatch the help. You investigate later by pulling the tapes and call logs, there's no time for that when the call comes in.
Bingo!

Back