Multiple CD BURNER? (instead of copier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to explain my situation and I'm looking for some advice.
Our church recently updated the sound system and I (along with another guy) got roped into "running" it. The sound equipment was installed by an outside company and now I'm in the process of getting familiar with the whole system.
In a nutshell: The service is recorded by an I-pad device. After the service is over, everything is exported to a laptop computer and then it is burned to a CD-R to be listened to people who couldn't make it to church that day or to elderly shut-ins. Normally, 3 or 4 CDs are burned (recorded) each church service. The program to burn these CDs is Audacity.
Everything is fine up to this point EXCEPT the fact that right after the service you have 3 or 4 people waiting for their CD. Burning each CD takes about 4 minutes using the laptop CD burner. We've asked the congregation to donate some old phones (which they have) to transfer the service directly to the old phones and that works great, probably taking about 5-10 seconds per phone. The problem with that is that the elderly won't use the phones, it's too complicated for them and will only use the CDs. So recording to the 3 or 4 CDs takes about 20 minutes or more, while each person is waiting for their CD.
So.....I know there are CD duplicators out there, but does anybody make a multiple CD burner where multiple CDs are burned at the same time? Ideally, if we could burn 3 or 4 CDs at the same time and everybody gets their CD within 5-10 minutes after the service, it would be great.
Suggestions? Please don't tell me to record to an old phone. I've already suggested that and I hit a brick wall. They used to record to cassettes and the elderly were complaining hard enough when the service got switched to a CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the duplicator at our church. I'm not aware of a way to burn to say 4 copies from the first step. I burn one using plain old media player. Take the disc out and put it in a device like the one Quattro Pete linked.

Wouldn't they still be crabby and waiting if you could cut it down to 2 minute?

Don't you have coffee after church? What's the hurry?

In all seriousness you could probably support an external USB/firewire burner in addition to the built-in one and have them both going in separate sessions.

Or look into if a mega-church radio broadcaster has a program where you get their low-power FM transmitter for an hour every Sunday and they get to use your name to be considered "local" with the FCC. It's a thing.

Originally Posted By: deanm11

I'm not aware of a way to burn to say 4 copies from the first step.

Thanks for reading my entire post and commenting on exactly what I wanted to know. I've never seen a multiple all-at-once burner, but I just thought I'd ask.
Sorry, no coffee after church. Perhaps the sermons are so bad that everybody just wants to get out of there immediately afterwards. (Don't tell the preacher I said that, LOL!)

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Perhaps the sermons are so bad that everybody just wants to get out of there immediately afterwards. (Don't tell the preacher I said that, LOL!)

Is your denomination Methodist by any chance? It's a running joke that us Methodists have brunch at exactly 12:15 every Sunday, so the preacher better get 'em out by noon sharp!
smile.gif

I setup a DVD duplicator at work for one of our employees who duplicates evidence dvd's for defendants.

The one I bought has 4 drives and does a nice job. It was fairly cheap also, I bet the CD version is even cheaper. Bought on amazon.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: deanm11

I'm not aware of a way to burn to say 4 copies from the first step.

Thanks for reading my entire post and commenting on exactly what I wanted to know.

FWIW, i did read your entire post as well. Since I was not aware of anything like you asked, I suggested the next best thing.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

FWIW, i did read your entire post as well. Since I was not aware of anything like you asked, I suggested the next best thing.

QP, I apologize that my reply came out wrong. I value all the responses, yours included.
I only replied to dean because he gave me the answer to the question that I suspected, that the mythical unicorn multi-disc burner doesn't exist.
If I had all the answers, I wouldn't have posted the question. Thanks for your time and effort for answering and giving me your suggestion.

Nero will burn multiples at the same time.

Could probably do at least 2 easily on most laptops.. cut your time in half.

PHP:
Do these people donate lots of money? I cannot believe 20 mins is too long.

If you get better software that converts the audio to ISO image then burn each ISO will go substantially faster then converting/burn process per disc.

It sounds like you are looking for a disc duplicator, of which there are a few on the market (there used to be more back when optical media was more prevalent).

Here's one source:

Optical disc duplicator

This product can clone your USB onto multiple CD's simultaneously, or use other sources, like your computer for example, to create simultaneous copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back