Multi-Mile Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multi Mile Wild Trail CTX I think they are also under the name Cordovan Wild Trail CTX

I saw a set of these on a pickup the other day they looked impressive..but almost nothing online about them. 10ply E rated.. I can get them locally for $125/tire otd.

I am looking for a tire that does 75/25 secondary roads and city/ gravel and dirt roads. So basically a rural carrier type tire for a heavy suburban that tows often.

Truck has over 200K miles on it with no end in sight but dont see the need for high end michelins/firestones as it doesnt take long highway trips.

Any thoughts?

dead9ee4-b07e-45ea-a1ae-da5f1e42c07f.jpg

Does "10 ply" include the sidewalls? It probably means the tread.

Could be strong, rugged tires. Could they be "too strong"? They may wear quickly on dry pavement like snow tires.

The price doesn't seem ridiculous. Good luck.

These are marketed by TBC, they sell more tires in this country than Goodyear does. Most likely made by Cooper. There is nothing wrong with a 'private label's tire.

I have a set of them on my 99 suburban. They are noisy on the highway, but wear well. I have 30k on them with about another 10k to go before replacement. I drive about the same 75 city/25 gravel and tow. The ones I have where manufactured by Kelley Springfield Tire Company which is owned by Goodyear. I would buy them again.

TBC/ Multi Mile makes a fine tire but for towing a lot I'd get something with more of a highway center rib.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
TBC/ Multi Mile makes a fine tire but for towing a lot I'd get something with more of a highway center rib.

What does that mean? I'm curious as I never thought about the center rib and towing on the highway.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

What does that mean? I'm curious as I never thought about the center rib and towing on the highway.

Something like this:

commercial.png

Every little tread block on your multi-mile tire is going to flex, scrub, and wear when you accellerate/ tow. The continuous center rib will support itself. I just think that knobby tread is a bit extreme for your proposed conditions.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Those would be good for off road & gravel, esp. if you have a 3/4 ton Sub. Might be noisy overkill on a 1/2 ton.

My suburban weighs 5219lbs empty. The 3/4 ton 2500 weighs 5796 empty.

What makes it overkill?

This tire is on my radar as a possible.. its rated m+s as well

CourserHXT.aspx

Something like this:
commercial.png

Every little tread block on your multi-mile tire is going to flex, scrub, and wear when you accellerate/ tow. The continuous center rib will support itself. I just think that knobby tread is a bit extreme for your proposed conditions.

Thanks for bringing that up, it's an oft overlooked detail.

My wildcountry xtx sports wore pretty fast on the CRV doing 90% hwy, and one slipped a belt, which wasn't warrantied at all. I didn't bother getting a new replacement.
They worked good for the first 25k miles but then were wore down enough not to run them in the snow. I probably won't be buying multi mile again, and I'll look more closely at the warranty.
Hercules also offers tires that seem to work in this segment though, maybe read some reviews of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back