Multi-brands downsizing due to economy or SN/GF-5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent SN/GF-5 standards, Chevron Supreme has been dropped with Havoline remaining as the Chev-Tex PCMO brand; there is a Chevron Havoline Syn Blend DS remaining that's Dexos1 approved, but that's it from the Chev line. I've found that Exxon Superflo does not have an SN/GF-5 PDS, could this be a sign that Superflo been dropped?. What are your thoughts that are leading to the downsizing of multi-brands to one or two from a major producer- the economy, SN/GF-5, or other reasons?

I've noticed less QS on shelves at a couple WM's, could SOPUS follow suit with downsizing from three brands to two or just Pennzoil?? What about Conoco-Phillip and their 4 brands + the Motorcraft contract... could CP downsize also? Is there really a need to have more than one brand of PCMO per major producer?

The chevron brand was always going to go away because the havoline name was better known...

I read somewhere that CS was being dropped and when I couldn't find a PDS, it looked like it happened. Getting back to the spirit of the post, do you think that there will be less brands in the not so near future with multi-brand producers reducing the number competing brands?

Mobil has continued, having their new "Super" line even adding another synthetic oil to their lineup along with M1. Will they keep Superflo? I don't see a need, but...

Sopus? I cannot imagine dropping QS or Pennzoil. Both have big followings especially Pennzoil. Shell brand? That is THE name worldwide so if they do drop one or both (QS/Pennzoil) Shell would be the name IMO they would keep...But I do not believe that will happen.

CP has already downsized. Kendall is their consumer face.

Castrol has revamped, but I don't believe they have cut down the number of their labels..yet.

Valvoline remains the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back