MSI Core Liquid 360r cooler

I have a revision 1.0 Liquid Freezer 2 AIO, been very reliable don't know the exact age but AIO's suffer from permeation so I'm not sure how much fluid is left in it.

5 year warranty on an AIO is fantastic, as they realistically will not have much longer of a life than that unless they have a fill port on them. Never been a fan of Asetek pumps. Form over function, and not much all, the last 10 years has shown that, and due to Asetek's patent infringement lawsuits they have really backed themselves into a corner.

Only so many ways you can design a inline pump, their design shows its age, and the competition has been forced to think outside the box showing much better performance. Asetek pump design patents are set to expire soon, it will be fun to see how they proceed going forward.

From the days of old.
I used to really like these in the day. Inexpensive and bullet proof. I have a business computer that's 15 years old and it still spins one of these...no issues. A nostalgia thing..

1000002619.jpg

Finally installed it this morning and it's running around 65c but the CPU usage stays around 100%. It took an hour to swap it over, luckily they didn't change the mounting hardware which uses the stock AMD bracket. I had replaced the fans with Corsair when I installed the old unit so I reused those.

I had one of those.. wasn't the best.. but looked nice.
IIRC it was on an opteron dual core.

The hyper 212 beat it in testing.. but it would fit thinner cases.. which was an issue of the hyper 212.

I'm thinking of getting Phanteks T30 fans, I was worried that they are 30mm thick but includes all the screws you will ever need and some that are 5mm longer for radiators. I'll probably go with 2x of their 3pks. Currently it's running 60c so it's not horrible like it was before with the old one. Looking back now I should've eased it back into service rather than dumping everything back onto it.

I finally got to install the Phanteks fans this evening and I figured out how to install the front fans. The spacing for the fans are spread apart and not the close spacing that the radiator is, before I just used the holes for the middle fan that attached everything together but this time with the longer screws I was able to place a fan there and then squeeze the other two which arent mounted to the radiator but using the existing holes. I haven't really noticed anything different with the temp and seems to be staying about the same.

PXL_20240417_230856773.jpg
PXL_20240417_230909648.jpg

Back